A hallmark building on campus, the Manninen Center for the Arts celebrates arts education and promotes creative collaboration in the visual and performing arts.
Students and visitors alike are effusive in their praise of the Manninen Center for the Arts. Located on a sloping site overlooking the ponds on the main campus, the center supports a variety of arts studies and performance venues with facilities that include:
- a 250-seat performance hall with professional-quality acoustics;
- a 100-seat black box theater for drama, dance, technical theater workshops, and performances;
- a digital recording studio;
- a museum-quality art gallery for visiting art exhibits, gallery talks, and community shows;
- a student art gallery;
- separate painting, photography, printmaking, ceramics, and woodshop studios;
- classrooms, studios, and labs for interior design;
- MacIntosh computer labs for the visual communication disciplines of graphic design and photography;
- music and drama practice and rehearsal rooms;
- a shooting studio for photography;
- faculty and staff offices;
- and student and faculty lounges with facilities for public receptions.
The Manninen Center embodies the College’s mission to combine theory with practice in an environment that is both challenging and supportive. The facility also serves as a cultural resource for the North Shore, and members of the community are encouraged to attend art exhibits, performances, and programs at the Center.