We have a responsibility to the environment and to our students to incorporate sustainable practices on campus and to broaden students' engagement and experience.
We strive to create and implement innovative solutions that can be replicated beyond our community. As a coastal campus, we must endeavor to limit our impact on local ecosystems while working to conserve natural space and biodiversity. It is our shared responsibility to foster a healthy, inclusive, and sustainable community. Our vision is rooted in confronting the challenges of climate change and sustainability by contributing positive social, economic, and environmental solutions that our students can take with them as they assume their own careers.
Sustainable Endicott is a College-wide effort to embrace sustainability in our scholarship and operations. The Office of Sustainability works to reduce the College's environmental footprint by engaging with the campus community and external audiences to increase a holistic understanding of sustainability issues. Our mission is to help institutionalize pragmatic, timely, and effective solutions to create organizational change with a focus on climate and health.
Our commitment to sustainability includes:
- A College-wide Campus Sustainability Committee to help advance, prioritize, and evaluate Endicott’s sustainability initiatives;
- Campus action to reduce waste, conserve water, and implement energy conservation measures in our buildings to lower greenhouse gas emissions;
- Coursework and curriculum development incorporating sustainability across disciplines in a variety of educational programs;
- Improved health and well-being for the campus community;
- Engagement opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
Through these initiatives, Endicott earned a Silver Rating in 2016 from the Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS), administered by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE). Endicott has been consistently recognized as one of the Princeton Review’s Green Colleges.
Questions or comments? Please contact email@example.com.
Sustainability on Campus
We have one of the largest solar canopy parking lots in the Northeast. Our recycling and waste management plan diverts 60 percent of materials from the waste stream each year. An on-campus vegetable garden provides fresh produce for our dining hall. These are just a few of the examples of how we have made sustainability part of everyday life at Endicott.