The Office of the Provost serves as the bridge between Endicott College administration and Academic Affairs, providing leadership and oversight of Endicott’s academic mission. The office works closely with deans, directors, faculty and staff to:
- Foster best practices in teaching and learning across undergraduate and graduate programs
- Facilitate student success, satisfaction, retention and persistence
- Promote Endicott’s signature internship model
- Enhance study/internship away opportunities
- Support scholarly, cultural, and artistic initiatives
- Integrate DEIB into the academic curriculum
- Advance Endicott’s Sail Beyond the Shore strategic plan
- Provide honors opportunities for students with academic and leadership potential
- Foster student research and independent thinking through senior thesis & capstone projects
- Oversee budgeting, hiring, and development of faculty and staff
- Manage program accreditation, review, and assessment
Meet Sara Quay, Ph.D.
Dr. Quay brings to this role deep knowledge of both Endicott and higher education. She has worked alongside faculty, deans and directors in the undergraduate, Van Loan and graduate programs for over two decades, first as Assistant Dean of Arts & Sciences, then as Dean of the School of Education and Director of the Endicott Scholars Program. While at Endicott, Sara has been instrumental in developing new majors, programs, and partnerships. During the pandemic, she collaborated with faculty and staff to develop and implement Faculty Teaching Institutes focused on the urgent instructional needs our community faced at that time. In 2021, Sara was appointed the first Vice Provost at Endicott College, bringing her shared management approach to her work with the offices of International Education, Career & Internship, Halle Library, the Registrar and Endicott’s Assessment initiatives.
Provost, Endicott College
Dr. Quay is also a nationally recognized leader whose expertise includes data-driven assessment, accreditation, honors education, teaching and learning, cultural studies, and curriculum development. She has published five books and monographs as well as articles and essays in The Boston Globe, Principal Magazine, Academic Leader, Teachers College Record, Journal of Excellence in College Teaching, Honors in Practice, Journal of Practitioner Research, and The Teaching Professor.
Dr. Quay has frequently served as a New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) reviewer, been nominated as a fellow and then a member of Deans for Impact, is a certified Data Wise coach, and co-chairs the National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) Place as Text Committee.
Executive Administrative Assistant to the Provost
Director, Academic Affairs
Director, Academic Budget & Operations
Director, Institutional Planning and Assessment
Dr. Traci Freeman
Dean, Endicott Center for Teaching & Learning
Mark A. Herlihy
Dean, School of Communication, Social Sciences and Humanities
Dean, International Education
Dean, Internship and Career Center
Dean, Cummings School of Nursing & Health Sciences
Dean, School of Sport Science
Acting Dean, School of Education
Dean, Curtis L. Gerrish School of Business
Dean, School of Visual & Performing Arts
Dean, School of Science and Technology