In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming graphic design and photography students have specific requirements for their programs.
Graphic design and photography students are required to purchase an Apple laptop computer with the following specifications:
15” Macbook Pro with Retina Display
- 2.5 (or better) GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
- Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz
- 16GB 1600 MHz memory (RAM)
- 512GB SSD (solid state drive)
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB GDDR5 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M Iris Pro Graphics (or equivalent)
- Built-in battery (8 hours)
- Apple care Protection Plan
Hard Drives and Storage
We recommend a portable hard drive of at least 1 Terabyte. The interface should be USB 3.0 and/or Thunderbolt. Having two interfaces on one drive is preferable should one become inoperable.
- LaCie Rugged 1 Terabyte, USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt (available at Apple or BH Photo and Video)
- OWC Mercury On-the-go-pro, thunderbolt or USB 3.0 (available http://www.macsales.com/)
A standalone desktop drive, for Apple Time Machine backup of your laptop, can be beneficial and will serve to protect and preserve data. This can be any USB hard drive of at least 500GB.
An Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter is recommended if you have an existing Firewire drive, as you will need this to work with the desktop machines in the Mac Labs. The iMacs in these labs only have USB and Thunderbolt ports.
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Mac
- Microsoft Office 365 for Mac (For reduced pricing on software for students, faculty and staff, please visit Endicott's special e-Academy website at http://endicott.e-academy.com).
Recommended Additional Warranty (included in purchase package)
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro