In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming graphic design and photography students have specific requirements for their programs.
Graphic design and photography students are required to purchase an Apple laptop computer with the following specifications:
15” Macbook Pro with Retina Display*
- 2.9GHZ quad-core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache
- 16GB 2133MHz lpddr3 memory onboard memory
- 512GB SSD (solid state drive)
- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB GDDR5 memory and graphics switching, Intel HD 630
- Built-in battery (8 hours)
*Please note that Apple will often upgrade some of these specs as new models are relaeased.
Hard Drives and Storage
Hard drives for use in the Mac labs and for working files: We recommend a portable hard drive of at least 1 Terabyte. The interface should be USB-C/ Thunderbolt 3.
- LaCie Rugged 1 Terabyte, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C External Hard Drive
Backup: A cloud-based backup service such as Backblaze.com or a standalone USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 hard drive of at least 1 TB for an Apple Time Machine backup of your laptop are recommended and will serve to protect and preserve data.
Media card readers for photo transfers:
2018 MacBook Pro computers no longer have a media card reader for transferring photographs on to your computer. If you are purchasing one, we recommend the following two media card readers: SanDisk Extreme PRO Flash Reader Model SDDR-389-A46 or IOGEAR USB-C 3-Slot Card Reader/Writer GFR3C13
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Students (Mac)
- Microsoft Office 365 for Students (Mac) (For reduced pricing on software for students, faculty and staff, please visit Endicott's special e-Academy website at https://endicott.onthehub.com).
Recommended Additional Warranty (included in college purchase package)
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro