We make it as easy as possible to get set up with the right laptop and applications.
All students are required to bring their own laptop to campus.
Some majors have their own specific requirements, and some majors do not. If you know your major, check the school or department for specific requirements. If there is nothing listed, you can follow the general college guidelines.
General Guidelines: New Computer Recommendations (minimum specs)
New Windows System (General Use)
- 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Dual-core
- Windows 10
- 8GB RAM minimum
- 500 GB Hard Drive or 256 SSD (solid state drive)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Accidental Damage plan
New Mac System (General Use)
- 13" MacBook Air or Pro
- 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8GB 1866MHz memory
- 256GB PCIe flash based storage
- Apple Care Protection Plan
Please note: We apologize for some previous inconsistencies and confusion in the specs for the Macbook Air models as presented for the School of Business and for All Other majors. The Business School has a spec for an i7 processor and the spec for All Other majors is an i5 processor. Although released in 2017, the Macbook Air presented on the purchase website is still the newest available by Apple. Apple did a recent 2018 release of other models (e.g. 15" Macbook with touch bar) but not to the Air.
Additional Hardware (Windows and Mac)
- All students should also have a 25' Category 5 or 6 Ethernet network cable
- USB flash memory stick and/or external hard drive for saving and backing-up data
- Be sure to bring all media and peripheral devices that came with your computer (installation CD, license, manuals, sales receipt, etc.)
Software (Windows and Mac)
- Microsoft Office 365 highly recommended*
- Virus protection (which we provide for free for all students)
- We partner with Kivuto to offer endicott.onthehub.com for student and faculty discounts on many software packages, including Adobe Creative Cloud, SPSS, Endnote, Parallels and more.*
* (Note: MS Office 365 student discounts are available here, but NOT at endicott.onthehub.com)
College Laptop Purchase Packages
For your convenience, you can purchase a computer through our vendor partner, Micros Northeast. Micros Northeast Inc. provides special pricing on a state-of-the-art laptop computer every year. Special pricing will be extended to all new and returning students, all faculty and staff of, as well as to the families of our students.
When you purchase your laptop through Micros Northeast you also receive comprehensive support.
The Lenovo laptop comes standard with three years warranty and accidental damage protection. Students (outside of the visual communication major) who select to purchase an Apple computer have the opportunity to extend their basic warranty to include extended warranty and accidental damage protection for as long as 3 years.
Accidental damage protection covers your computer from issues such as spills, drops and surges which are not normally covered by the manufactures basic warranty.
For questions regarding the Student PC Program, please contact: Frank Cieri, 781-935-1456.
Note: this link you to our partner's website; Endicott College accepts no responsibility for the content, availability, viewpoints, products or services that are offered.