We make it as easy as possible to get set up with the right laptop and applications.
All students are required to bring their own laptop to campus.
Some majors have their own specific requirements, and some majors do not. If you know your major, check the school or department for specific requirements or click one of the links below. If there is nothing listed, you can follow the general college guidelines.
School of Business- Business laptop requirement
School of Communication- General Endicott requirement
School of Education- General Endicott requirement
School of Hospitality Management- Use Business major requirement
School of Nursing- General Endicott requirement
School of Sport Science and Fitness Studies- Use Business major requirement
General Guidelines: New Computer Recommendations (minimum specs)
New Windows System (General Use)
- 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Dual-core
- Windows 10
- 8GB RAM minimum
- 500 GB Hard Drive or 256 SSD (solid state drive)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Accidental Damage plan
New Mac System (General Use)
- 13" MacBook Air or Pro
- 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8GB 1866MHz memory
- 256GB PCIe flash based storage
- Apple Care Protection Plan
View Mac guidelines for Graphic Design and Photography majors
Additional Hardware (Windows and Mac)
- All students should also have a 25' Category 5 or 6 Ethernet network cable
- USB flash memory stick and/or external hard drive for saving and backing-up data
- Be sure to bring all media and peripheral devices that came with your computer (installation CD, license, manuals, sales receipt, etc.)
Software (Windows and Mac)
- Microsoft Office 365 highly recommended
- Virus protection
- We partner with Kivuto to offer endicott.onthehub.com for student and faculty discounts on many software packages, including Adobe Creative Cloud, SPSS, Endnote, Parallels and more.
College Laptop Purchase Packages
For your convenience, you can purchase a computer through our vendor partner, Micros Northeast. Micros Northeast Inc. provides special pricing on a state-of-the-art laptop computer every year. Special pricing will be extended to all new and returning students, all faculty and staff of, as well as to the families of our students.
When you purchase your laptop through Micros Northeast you also receive comprehensive support.
The Lenovo laptop comes standard with three years warranty and accidental damage protection. Students (outside of the visual communication major) who select to purchase an Apple computer have the opportunity to extend their basic warranty to include extended warranty and accidental damage protection for as long as 3 years.
Accidental damage protection covers your computer from issues such as spills, drops and surges which are not normally covered by the manufactures basic warranty.
For questions regarding the Student PC Program, please contact: Frank Cieri, 781-935-1456.
Note: this link you to our partner's website; Endicott College accepts no responsibility for the content, availability, viewpoints, products or services that are offered.