Skip to main content

Campus Planning and Construction

Pardon Our Progress!

Endicott has invested nearly $300 million over the last 30 years to achieve the academic, residential, and student-centric goals of the College.  

Four buildings — Reynolds, Tea House, Tower, and Grove Hall. Those four buildings were the humble beginnings for 38 students representing eight states in 1939, the year Endicott began its higher education journey. Over 75 years later, Endicott’s 56 buildings are strategically spread across a 235-acre parcel of oceanside property. Thirty-three of those buildings act as home away from home residence halls for Endicott students and three private beaches are their personal playground. 

Unravel Endicott’s transformation, brick-by-brick, to learn about the projects that are currently underway to enhance the College’s diverse and integrated academic programming, the departments that are dedicated to executing these expansive plans, and the community members who work tirelessly to make this one of the premiere college campuses in the country. 

New Construction

Academic Center

New Academic Center topping off ceremony two workers ready beam for uploading

The Academic Center is a three-year, multiphase project that will change the academic makeup of the entire institution with modern classroom space, faculty offices, additional learning space, a theater and an auditorium. Formerly the Samuel C. Wax Academic Center, which became the College’s central academic building in the 1950s, the Academic Center will house several academic majors within the School of Arts and Sciences, Business, Communication, and Education. The Van Loan School, the graduate degree arm of the College, will also relocate to main campus to aid in the academic integration of several undergraduate, master’s level, and doctoral degree programs.

In Video

June 2018 Time-lapse
In phase one of the Academic Center construction project, Windover Construction continues to work diligently to put the framework in place, executed essential welding work, and paid tribute to our late president, Dr. Richard E. Wylie, with a banner on the exterior framework.

Campus Development Timeline

Navigate through the history of Endicott’s campus development then study our interactive campus map to see how academia, residence life, campus life, and athletics all tie into creating one of the nation’s most recognizable campuses.

Link to Campus Map

  • 1939 to 1959

    1939 The College purchased the former Herbert M. Sears estate on June 6, 1939 (Reynolds Hall, Tea House, Tower Hall, Grove Hall). The College opened September 18, 1939 with 38 students from 8 states.

    1940 Endicott acquired the William Amory Gardner Estate (College Hall & Research Center/Brooks Hall, Trexler Hall).

    1943 The Bryce Allen (Allanbank) estate was purchased. Included what is now Tupper Hall/Manor, The Wylie Inn, Van Loan School, and The Cottage.

    1944 John Barry Ryan estate was purchased and named Winthrop Hall. The College now owned 82 acres of land and 15 buildings.

    1950 Rogers Hall completed.

    1952 Children’s Center completed.

    1954 The former Sears estate garage was enlarged and became Endicott's first Science Center.

    1954 Trexler Hall became the College's first Library.

    1955 Bierkoe Auditorium and Gymnasium built.

    1958 Williston Hall constructed and named for advisor Arthur Williston. Ebinger Hall built and named for trustee Henry Ebinger.

    1959 Birchmont built as the home for the President and family.

  • 1960 to 1998

    1960 Stoneridge Hall purchased from Robert Proctor.

    1961 (November 9) fire destroyed Bullock Hall.

    1962 The Art Center was completed.

    1964 The Student Center was completed.

    1965 Endicott Library completed. Dedicated to Diane Meyers Halle in 2002.

    1967 East residence hall was built. Later, renamed Brindle Hall.

    1969 The Science Wing of the academic Center was completed.

    1979 Interfaith chapel dedicated.

    1980 The West wing of Academic Center completed.

    1980 The Children’s Center set ablaze by an arsonist.

    1982 Stoneridge Hall burned to the ground.

    1984 Porter, Williston, Woodside Halls, and campus Cottage sold to the Landmark School.

    1988 First Townhouses built, later named Williston Townhouses.

    1994 The North Field was constructed and athletic events moved to the main campus.

    1996 Kennedy Hall apartment complex completed.

    1996 Wax Center addition to the Academic Center was completed.

    1998 The College purchased  40 acres of land from Beverly Hospital. This is the land upon which Stoneridge, Bayview, Marblehead, and Standish Halls were built. Farm House and the Ledge were acquired as part of the purchase.

  • 1999 to 2005

    1999 Endicott Hall was built.

    1999 The Post Center for Sports Science and Fitness Studies was completed.

    1999 Modular Housing (Village) was purchased (24 modular units) for temporary housing.

    1999 Hale Hall, previously the Children's Center, was renovated into a residence hall (21 students).

    2000 Cliff House was purchased.

    2000 Physical Plant's Operations Center was built.

    2001 Beacon Hall addition.

    2002 New Stoneridge Hall completed.

    2002 Library addition opened and The Diane Meyers Halle library dedicated.

    2003 Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies was built in the former  Bullock Hall.

    2003 - 2010 Conference Center Tupper/Meeting House completed over a number of years creating the Wylie Inn and Conference Center which opened in 2006. Ebinger Hall converted to Wylie Inn in 2007.

    2003 College purchased Misselwood and the Misselwood Carriage House (a Felton Property built in 1928).

    2004 Endicott Purchased the Rockport House.

    2005 The Lodge was built and opened in fall of 2005 as a student meeting space.

    2005 Woodside, townhouses were built. 

    2005 Bayview Hall was built.

  • 2006 to 2012

    2006 College Hall was expanded to add additional administrative offices.

    2006 Grove Hall was converted from a residence hall to the campus pub and gathering space.

    2006 Softball field was created with seating for 500 and additional standing room for 1,500.

    2006 – 2007 The Endicott Research Center was built on the site of the former Brooks Hall.

    2007 Gloucester and Manchester Halls were built, adding a total of 16 apartments.

    2008 Wenham and Hamilton Halls were purchased from the Tuckerman family.

    2008 Hawthorne Hall was built.

    2008 Campus safety building was razed and rebuilt.

    2009 The Visual and Performing Arts Center was completed and named the Walter J. Manninen Center for the Arts.

    2010 Amphitheater Plaza overlooking the lakes completed.

    2011 Beechwood acquired as home of the president.

    2010 First Post Center addition to add fitness equipment and a work-out space.

    2011 Birchmont Hall was converted from the president’s home to a residence hall.

    2011 Marblehead Hall was built.

    2012 Stadium Locker Room was built.

    2012  Boston Center opened, a non-traditional, higher-education resource focused on serving immigrant populations and first generation college students.

    2012 Opened Gloucester site for undergraduate and graduate courses, corporate education, workforce development, and community activities.

    2012 Essex Hall was purchased

  • 2013 to 2021

    2013 The Montessori School was purchased and became the Center for Nursing.

    2013 Solar parking lot opened for 260 cars, one of the largest in the area.

    2013 The Gerrish School of Business and Judge Science Center dedicated and opened.

    2014 The Callahan Center was renovated and expanded to provide more dining space and student service offices.

    2015 Gully’s opened in the Wax Academic Center.

    2015 The Raymond J. Bourque Arena was built.

    2015 Standish Hall opened providing apartments for senior students.

    2016 Frates Hall, named for Peter Frates was built. Dedicated on September 13, 2016

    2016 Brindle addition completed.

    2017 Second Post Center addition completed adding weight rooms, offices, and conference space.

    In-Progress:

    Life Science Building addition to be completed.

    New Parking structure to be completed.

    New Academic Center

    New graduate and auditorium building to be completed.

Scenic photo of the Center for the Arts and surrounding landscape

Campus Maintenance and Grounds

An indispensable staff of campus caregivers, the Physical Plant department at Endicott works tirelessly to maintain its beauty and modern functionality. 
Two Endicott students standing behind a large container filled with cans to be recycled

Sustainable Endicott

Endicott is dedicated to providing academic, residential, and communal spaces that respect the environmental footprint the College leaves behind. Learn more about our sustainability practices and initiatives.