In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming interior architecture and architectural studies students have specific requirements for their program.
Department of Architectural + Design Studies Laptop Requirements
BFA Architectural Studies | BFA Interior Architecture | MA Interior Architecture
The Department of Architectural + Design Studies program REQUIRES all incoming students to have a Windows-platform laptop. MacBook Pro laptops ARE NOT RECOMMENDED as they have compatibility issues with curriculum software. Laptops with touch screens are also not recommended.
The Department of Architectural + Design Studies programs rely on industry-standard, state-of-the-art drawing, 3D modeling, and rendering applications. Computers used for drawing, 3D modeling and rendering need to be very powerful.
Before purchasing a system, students should review the latest department laptop specifications (listed below). It is recommended that any laptop meet the higher end of the recommended specifications, so that software will run more smoothly. Students may purchase a compliant laptop though the vendor of their choice, or though Endicott's vendor partner, MicrosNortheast College Laptop Purchase Packages for 2021.
All students in the undergraduate and graduate Interior Architecture programs and BFA in Architectural Studies program should be using a Windows laptop that meets the following minimum requirements:
2021 Minimum Specifications for PC Laptop
- Windows 10 64- bit operating system
- 15" or larger display
- Intel Core i7 Quad-core 2.7 GHz (or 6- Core 2.2 GHz)
- 32 GB RAM
- 1TB SSD (solid state drive)
- 1920 x 1080 16:9 Display
- DirectX® 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 5 minimum capability and a min 8GB video memory (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070/Quadro RTX 5000 or an AMD equivalent)*
- Accidental damage plan
- Autodesk Revit (free for students, Windows only)
- Enscape (rendering plugin with student pricing)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture (free for students)
- Sketchup Pro (student pricing)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (student pricing through e-academy)
- Autodesk Sketchbook (free for students)
- Students will be informed of other required software applications from their instructors
*Please Note: All Endicott students will be able to download Microsoft Office for free this fall.
- Wireless mouse
- Mouse pad
- Padded sleeve or backpack (carrying case comes with campus purchase program)
- iPad (10.2” minimum) with Apple pencil (not required, but RECOMMENDED)
- File backup system (not required, but RECOMMENDED):
- External solid state (SSD) hard drive with a minimum storage capacity of 2TB
- Dropbox or similar online backup system (typically $100/year)