In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming interior architecture and architectural studies students have specific requirements for their program.
Department of Architectural + Design Studies Laptop Requirements
BFA Architectural Studies | BFA Interior Architecture | MA Interior Architecture
The Department of Architectural + Design Studies program REQUIRES all incoming students to have a Windows-platform laptop. MacBook Pro laptops ARE NOT RECOMMENDED as they have compatibility issues with curriculum software. Laptops with touch screens are also not recommended.
The Department of Architectural + Design Studies programs rely on industry-standard, state-of-the-art drawing, 3D modeling, and rendering applications. Computers used for drawing, 3D modeling and rendering need to be very powerful as the demands placed on them by high end graphics and rendering applications constantly increase.
Before purchasing a system, students should review the latest department laptop specifications (listed below). It is recommended that any laptop meet the higher end of the recommended specifications, so that software will run more smoothly. Students may purchase a compliant laptop though the vendor of their choice, or though Endicott's vendor partner, Micros Northeast.
All students in the undergraduate and graduate Interior Architecture programs and BFA in Architectural Studies program should be using a Windows laptop that meets the following recommended specifications:
2023-24 Recommended Specifications for PC Laptop
- Windows 11 64- bit operating system
- 15" or larger display. 1920 x 1080 pixels with true color.
- CPU: Intel® i-7 or higher series multicore processor.
- Memory: 32 GB RAM (64 preferred)
- Storage: 1TB SSD (solid state drive). Minimum 75 GB free space.
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, RTX A4500, AMD Radeon RX 6700, or better
- Accidental damage plan
- Autodesk Revit (free for students, Windows only)
- Enscape (rendering plugin with student pricing)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture (free for students)
- Sketchup Pro (student pricing)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (student pricing through e-academy)
- Autodesk Sketchbook (free for students)
- Lumion Pro
- Students will be informed of other required software applications from their instructors
*Please Note: All Endicott undergraduate students will be able to download Microsoft Office for free this fall.
- Wireless mouse
- Mouse pad
- Padded sleeve or backpack (carrying case comes with campus purchase program)
- iPad (10.2” minimum) with Apple pencil (not required, but RECOMMENDED)
- File backup system (not required, but RECOMMENDED):
- External solid state (SSD) hard drive with a minimum storage capacity of 2TB
- Dropbox or similar online backup system (typically $100/year)