In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming Business students have specific requirements for their program. These requirements also apply to students in majors which require accounting coursework.
Business students should review all the general laptop requirements before reviewing special program requirements.
Business Requirements= PC (Windows) laptop
The following requirements are for business majors, as well as sport management, hospitality and applied math with actuarial science concentration majors, all of which are required to take business accounting classes as part of their requirements.
New Windows System
- Intel Core i5 Dual-core 2.50 GHz
- Windows 10
- 8GB RAM minimum
- 500 GB Hard Drive or 256 SSD (solid state drive)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Accidental Damage plan
Note on Macs- Business majors will not be allowed to use a Mac for their Business courses due to the differences in hardware architecture and some software application features used in the Business curriculum.
Microsoft Office for Windows* (must have MS Access)
- Business and accounting students are required to have either Microsoft Office Professional 2016 for Windows or a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 that has the MS Access database application.
- Business majors are required to have an adapter that fits your laptop's graphics display output to HDMI female (preferably 6"-8" long)
- Although there are many publicly accessible print stations located around campus available to all students through their GullCard, a personal printer is strongly recommended to print course materials and assignments; we recommend an inexpensive inkjet printer (HP or similar). Note: wireless printers are not allowed in the residence halls.
- Students will be informed of other required software applications on a course by course basis.