In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming Business students have specific requirements for their program. These requirements also apply to students in majors which require accounting coursework.
Business students should review all the general laptop requirements before reviewing special program requirements.
Business Requirements= PC (Windows) laptop
The following requirements are for business majors, as well as sport management, hospitality and applied math with actuarial science concentration majors, all of which are required to take business accounting classes as part of their requirements. Note: All Business majors should have a PC (Windows) laptop for their academic work, not a Macbook.
New Windows System
- Intel Core i5 Dual-core 2.50 GHz
- Windows 10
- 8GB RAM minimum
- 500 GB Hard Drive or 256 SSD (solid state drive)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Accidental Damage plan
Microsoft Office for Windows
- Business and accounting students are required to have either Microsoft Office Professional 2016 (must have "Access" database) for Windows or a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 University (Cloud).
- Students will be informed of other required software applications on a course by course basis.
- Business majors are required to have an adapter that fits your laptop's graphics display output to HDMI female (preferably 6"-8" long)
- A printer is strongly recommended to print personal material for courses and assignments; we recommend an inexpensive inkjet printer (HP or similar)