In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming Business students have specific requirements for their program. These requirements also apply to students in majors which require accounting coursework.
Business students should review all the general laptop requirements before reviewing special program requirements.
Business Requirements= PC (Windows) laptop
The following requirements are for business majors, as well as sport management, hospitality and applied math with actuarial science concentration majors, all of which are required to take business accounting classes as part of their requirements.
2020 Business Windows laptop specs
- Intel Core i5 Dual-core 2.50 GHz
- Windows 10
- 8GB RAM minimum
- 500 GB Hard Drive or 256 SSD (solid state drive)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Accidental Damage plan
Microsoft Office for Windows* (must have MS Access)
*All Endicott students will be able to download Microsoft Office 365 for free starting this fall.
Note on Macs- Business majors who already own Macbooks will be allowed to use them for their Business courses with the following stipulations.
- They use Bootcamp and install Windows
- They use the Windows version of Microsoft Office with MS Access. Available as a free download this fall.
- The Macbook has a minimum of 8 GB memory and 512GB of storage (see specs below)
2020 Business Macbook specs
- 13" MacBook Air or Pro
- 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8GB 1866MHz memory
- 512GB PCIe flash based storage
- Apple Care Protection Plan
- Business majors are required to have an adapter that fits your laptop's graphics display output to HDMI female (preferably 6"-8" long)
- Although there are many publicly accessible print stations located around campus available to all students through their GullCard, a personal printer is strongly recommended to print course materials and assignments; we recommend an inexpensive inkjet printer (HP or similar). Note: wireless printers are not allowed in the residence halls.
- Students will be informed of other required software applications on a course by course basis.