M.S. in Sport Leadership (39 Credits)
100% online, on your schedule
We believe that learning leads to personal growth, and relationship building helps blaze a successful trail to dynamic opportunities in the sport industry. With a focus on sport management and administration; and current trends in the sport industry, you’ll gain a solid foundation to pursue careers at schools, colleges, and universities; non-profit organizations and businesses; sport fitness and wellness facilities; recreation department and state parks; and sport governing bodies.
Our expert faculty and advisory board include leaders from MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, secondary and higher education, the Olympics, recognized sports foundations, and more.
- 39-credit program perfect for working professionals
- Flexible four- to six-week courses
- Networking opportunities
- Personal advising and
- Job placement support: 95% of our graduates scored a job in the sport industry
- Affordable tuition
- No GRE required
Become a leader in sports and recreation.
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 39
SLD 501 - Contemporary Issues in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 505 - Strategic Management and Leadership in Athletic Administration (Cr: 3)
SLD 507 - Preparing for a Career in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 511 - Sport Marketing and Media (Cr: 3)
SLD 560 - Financial Resources Management (Cr: 3)
SLD 521 - Sport Law and Risk Management (Cr: 3)
SLD 580 - Facilities Planning in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 586 - Event Planning and Programming (Cr: 3)
SLD 571 - The Impact of Technology in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 599 - Comprehensive Seminar in Athletic Administration (Cr: 3)
SLD 588A - Sport Management Practicum (Cr: 3)
SLD Elective #1 (3 Cr.)
SLD Elective #2 (3 Cr.)
SLD Elective #3 (3 Cr.)
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Investigate the interrelationship between sport, culture, and society through a sport leader's
- Interpret and analyze the role and responsibilities of human resources, finance, governance, compliance, risk management, operations, technology, and the management, planning, organization, and administration in the sport industry
- Distinguish between key aspects of various careers within the sport industry and how an effective leader approaches decision making in these dynamic environments
- Identify and evaluate career options in the sport industry, formulate transferable skills, construct a job search strategy, resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
- SLD 501 - Contemporary Issues in Sport (Cr: 3)
Networking & Careers
A master’s degree in sport leadership from Endicott College is your ticket to a rewarding career. We are dedicated to our students’ success and help them find exciting internships or job opportunities.
Sport Leadership students and alumni work in a variety of sport-related industries such as:
- Anglo-American School of Moscow
- Burlington, Mass. Parks & Recreation
- Cambridge, Mass. Public Schools
- Edge Sports Group/ESG Associates
- Endicott College
- Good Sports, Inc.
- International School of Beijing
- Johns Hopkins University
- Learfield Sports
- Premier Hoops
- Massachusetts Department of Youth Services
- National Football League (NFL)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- New Hampshire Fisher Cats (MLB Double-A Affiliate)
- St. John’s Prep, Danvers, Mass.
- University of New Hampshire
External Advisory Board
External Advisory Board
The Endicott College School of Sport Science Graduate Sport Leadership Program Advisory Board was created in order to develop and nurture connections with leaders in the sport industry. The advisory board will contribute to our vision of achieving excellence in graduate level sport business education. The board will serve as an advisory role to the Sport Leadership faculty, providing critical input related to the program’s curriculum to ensure that graduate students are prepared for the changing and emerging demands of sport business and related industries. The board will also provide important links to the sport business community, facilitating internships and employment opportunities for the Graduate Sport Leadership program students.
André G. Allen, MBA/TM; Owner, Entrepreneur, Coach & Speaker at Crossroads MomentsTony Aubrey M'20; Team Leader at OVNDarryl Dionne; Director of Communications & Business Development, Professional Hockey Players' Association
Alyssa Gelbard; Founder & President, Point Road Group
Tony Giarla, Founder & Executive Director, AVPFirst
Rich Gray; Vice President, PLAE USA
Chris Gronkowski; CEO Ice Shaker
Gordie Gronkowski, Jr; Co-owner Gronk Fitness Equipment
Clint Henderson; President/Owner at Every Brand Apparel
Doug Holtzman; Vice President Business Development at Sportsdigita
Scott Kelsey; Branch Manager at Movement Mortage
Lisa Murawsky; Executive Director, Brussels Sports Association
Jameson Pelkey ’07 M’09; Director of Athletics, St. John's Prep
With our affordable and accelerated graduate program, you'll become a skilled leader in the sport industry sooner than you think.
Jeff EllisonJeff Ellison, head football coach of the Permian Panthers
Born and raised in West Texas, Jeff Ellison grew up on the football field. Ellison played college football for McMurry University, where he later began his coaching career in 2002 as a student assistant for the McMurry Indians, now called the War Hawks. He moved on to become the assistant coach at Lubbock Estacado High School. After receiving his master’s degree, he continued on to work with Breckenridge High School, Pilot Point High School, and to Galena Park North Shore High School, where he spent seven seasons as the offensive line coach. In 2013, Ellison joined Permian High School as the offensive coordinator before becoming the assistant head coach and offensive line coach. After five years with the Permian Panthers, Ellison was promoted to head coach in August of 2018. Ellison teaches Successful Coaching (SLD 553).
Photo via Janice Murrell
The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
The following degree programs at Endicott College have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation located in Fort Collins, Colo.:
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
- Master of Science in Sport Leadership