M.S. in Sport Leadership Fifth Year Program (39-Credits)
The Fifth Year Program in Sport Leadership offers college graduates (Endicott College and non-Endicott) the opportunity to complete a master’s degree in a 10-month accelerated format. Students will learn from the industry’s best practitioners including experts from MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, secondary/ higher education, the Olympics, and develop a skill set with a focus on sport management and administration; and current trends in the sport industry.
Endicott graduates are eligible to save 20% off their tuition for the M.S. in Sport Leadership when they begin the program the fall semester following their graduation.
Job placement support: 95% of our graduates scored a job in the sport industry.
All candidates must apply online at: endicott.edu/admission/information-for-graduate-students/apply
Applicants should submit the following to Graduate Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Investigate the interrelationship between sport, culture, and society through a sport leader's
- Interpret and analyze the role and responsibilities of human resources, finance, governance, compliance, risk management, operations, technology, and the management, planning, organization, and administration in the sport industry
- Distinguish between key aspects of various careers within the sport industry and how an effective leader approaches decision making in these dynamic environments
- Identify and evaluate career options in the sport industry, formulate transferable skills, construct a job search strategy, resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
SLD 501 - Contemporary Issues in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 505 - Strategic Management and Leadership in Athletic Administration (Cr: 3)
SLD 507 - Preparing for a Career in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 511 - Sport Marketing and Media (Cr: 3)
SLD 560 - Financial Resources Management (Cr: 3)
SLD 521 - Sport Law and Risk Management (Cr: 3)
SLD 580 - Facilities Planning in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 586 - Event Planning and Programming (Cr: 3)
SLD 571 - The Impact of Technology in Sport (Cr: 3)
SLD 599 - Comprehensive Seminar in Athletic Administration (Cr: 3)
SLD 588A - Sport Management Practicum (Cr: 3)
SLD Elective #1 - 3 cr.
SLD Elective #2 - 3 cr.
SLD Elective #3 - 3 cr.
Total Degree Requirements - 39 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Alumni Spotlight – Jennifer Wadman '19 M‘20
Jennifer Wadman is originally from Dedham, Massachusetts. Jenn graduated from Endicott College in 2019 where she received her B.S. in Sport Management and was also a member of the Phi Epsilon Kappa Honor Society. Upon completing her undergraduate degree, Jenn enrolled in the M.S. in Sport Leadership program where she completed her masters in Spring 2020.
After completing the Fifth Year program, Jenn started her career at WHOOP, where she works on the Hardware Team. WHOOP is a wearable technology company based out of Boston, MA. The WHOOP Strap itself is a wrist-worn heart rate monitor that tracks a wide range of health data including your body’s recovery, sleep, strain, respiratory rate, and activities 24/7 to help you optimize your well-being. Aside from the fitness world, WHOOP has become valuable in the fight against COVID-19, becoming the first wearable to be used in a Phase 3 COVID-19 Vaccine Trial. Fast Company ranked WHOOP #19 in the World’s Most Innovative Companies list.
“I started the Sport Leadership Fifth Year Program after graduation and haven’t looked back since! Endicott provided me with the skills and experience needed to hit the ground running in my professional career. Having a master’s program that was fully online, accelerated and flexible, while still being highly accredited in the sports industry was a priority to me and Endicott provided that option. I was able to learn from and network with experienced professionals, allowing me to acquire various resources in the sports industry early in my career. Go Gulls!”
The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
The following degree programs at Endicott College have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation located in Fort Collins, Colo.:
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
- Master of Science in Sport Leadership