M.S. in Sport Leadership Fifth Year Program (39-Credits)
The Fifth Year Program in Sport Leadership offers college graduates (Endicott College and non-Endicott) the opportunity to complete a master’s degree in a 10-month accelerated format. Students will learn from the industry’s best practitioners including experts from MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, secondary/ higher education, the Olympics, and develop a skill set with a focus on sport management and administration; and current trends in the sport industry.
Recent graduates are eligible for a 33-credit version of the program if they begin the semester immediately following the completion of their undergraduate degree. Students who begin at any other time are required to complete the 39-credit version of the Sport Leadership program.
Endicott graduates are eligible to save 20% off their tuition for the M.S. in Sport Leadership when they begin the program the fall semester following their graduation.
Job placement support: 95% of our graduates scored a job in the sports industry.
All candidates must apply online at: endicott.edu/admission/information-for-graduate-students/apply
Applicants should submit the following to Graduate Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Investigate the interrelationship between sport, culture, and society through a sport leader's
- Interpret and analyze the role and responsibilities of human resources, finance, governance, compliance, risk management, operations, technology, and the management, planning, organization, and administration in the sport industry
- Distinguish between key aspects of various careers within the sport industry and how an effective leader approaches decision making in these dynamic environments
- Identify and evaluate career options in the sport industry, formulate transferable skills, construct a job search strategy, resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
Required CurriculumSLD 501 - Contemporary Issues in SportSLD 505 - Strategic Management and Leadership in Athletic AdministrationSLD 507 - Preparing for a Career in SportSLD 511 - Sport Marketing and MediaSLD 560 - Financial Resources ManagementSLD 521 - Sport Law and Risk ManagementSLD 580 - Facilities Planning in SportSLD 586 - Event Planning and ProgrammingSLD 571 - The Impact of Technology in SportSLD 599 - Comprehensive Seminar in Athletic AdministrationORSLD 588A - Sport Management Practicum
SLD Elective #1 - 3 cr.
SLD Elective #2 - 3 cr.
SLD Elective #3 - 3 cr.
Total Degree Requirements - 39 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
The following degree programs at Endicott College have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation located in Fort Collins, Colo.:
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
- Master of Science in Sport Leadership