Skip to main content

Endicott seeks to provide a supportive environment for students and is committed to providing equal access to educational programs and services to our students with disabilities. Students requesting accommodations must self-identify and provide appropriate documentation of their disability.

If you are a prospective student, please contact the Admissions office with questions.

Center for Accessibility Services Office Hours

Monday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday Closed


Endicott Accessibility Policy

Endicott College, through the Division of Academic Success and the Center for Accessibility Services, seeks to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals as stated by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA). Accommodations provide qualified individuals with an equal opportunity to obtain the same benefit or privileges as those available to a similarly situated individual without a disability. The law does not require institutions to waive specific courses or academic requirements considered essential to a particular program or degree if doing so would fundamentally alter the nature of the program or the degree.

Students requesting accommodations must self-identify and provide appropriate documentation of their disability. Eligibility for reasonable and appropriate accommodations will be determined on an individual basis. 

Frequently Asked Accessibility Questions from Students

  • How do I request accommodations?

    To request accommodations, please use your Endicott email credentials to login and complete an application here:


     If you have problems with the form, please contact the Center for Accessibility Services at or the Division of Academic Success Front Desk at 978-998-7769 and someone will be happy to assist you.

  • What documentation is required?

    Qualifying documentation includes verification of a student’s disability or diagnosis which can include a neuropsychological or psychoeducational evaluation or equally qualifying diagnostic evaluation, and/or documentation from a licensed practitioner which verifies and details the student's disability or diagnosis with the forms listed below. This information is needed so we can determine appropriate accommodations based on how your diagnosis impacts a major life activity including but not limited to learning, walking, hearing, seeing, reading, and speaking. Please note that any documentation submitted must be completed by a qualified professional (i.e. medical doctor, psychologist, counselor, etc.). 

    Please find the forms below:

    Disability Verification Form - Dietary

    Disability Verification Form - Housing

    Disability Verification Form - Academic

  • Will I receive the same accommodations I received in high school?

    There are differences between high school and college, such as the disclosure of disability, qualifying documentation, accommodations and services available, and student responsibilities in requesting and using accommodations.

  • Is my disability shared with my faculty?

    Disability information is shared with staff through a Letter of Accommodation at the beginning of each semester. Faculty will only know a student is allowed accommodations, not the student’s specific disability.

  • Do I need to submit a new request every semester?

    Yes, you will need to submit a new request for note taking accommodations each semester. However, a new Letter of Accommodation will be sent to your instructors before the beginning of each semester on your behalf regarding all of your approved accommodations.

  • How do I file a grievance or complaint regarding my accommodations?

    Center for Accessibility Services

    Informal Complaint Procedure:

    Endicott College reviews all requests for appropriate and reasonable academic accommodations to students with disabilities. Decisions concerning requests for accommodations follow federal requirements and are based upon the following analysis:

    • Does the student have a documented disability?
    • Is the student "otherwise qualified?" (can s/he meet the academic requirements of the College with or without an accommodation)
    • Is the request reasonable? (The following requirements must ALL be satisfied for the request to be considered reasonable):
    • The accommodation does not fundamentally alter the nature of the College’s academic objectives or technical standards.
    • The accommodation does not present an undue financial or administrative burden on the College.
    • The accommodation does not pose a threat to the safety of others or the public.

    At times, the College may deny a requested accommodation based on a lack of supportive documentation, the impact of undue hardship, the risk to the health and safety of our community members, or concerns that the requested accommodation would fundamentally alter the nature of the College’s academic objectives and technical standards. In these instances, and if a student disagrees with the decision made by The Center for Accessibility Services, they can have the decision reviewed by the College’s designated ADA/Section 504 Coordinator by submitting an ADA APPEALS FORM.

    Formal Grievance Procedure:


    Non-Discrimination and Harassment Policy Statement

    Endicott has established an internal grievance process for the prompt and equitable resolution of complaints of discrimination prohibited by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the ADA of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA).

    Additionally, unlawful harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic (i.e. a real or perceived physical or mental disability) is defined as “intimidation or abusive behavior toward a student based on the student’s protected characteristic, which creates a hostile environment by interfering with, limiting or denying a student’s participation in or receipt of benefits, services, or opportunities in our educational programs.” Harassing conduct can take many forms, including verbal acts and name calling, as well as nonverbal behavior such as graphic and written symbols, or conduct that is physically threatening, harmful, or humiliating. When harassing behavior is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates a hostile or abusive educational environment, it can violate a student’s rights under Section 504, the Americans With Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA), DOJ, 2008. 


    The following procedures will be used for all grievances or complaints of this nature:

    • A complaint must be filed within sixty (60) calendar days of the alleged violation, claim of discrimination, or harassment.
    • All complaints may be filed in writing or verbally to Endicott’s Provost located in Halle Library, 1st Floor. The complaint should state the name and address of the person(s) filing the complaint, and briefly describe the alleged violation. If the complaint is filed verbally, a written document will be created by the Provost to document the grievance. The Provost will then determine whether a formal investigation is warranted. 
    • In those cases where the Provost believes a formal investigation is appropriate, they will assign a designee to investigate the alleged discriminatory conduct at issue with typical investigations concluding within sixty (60) business days. These procedures anticipate a thorough investigation, affording all interested persons and their representatives—including the person initiating the complaint (“the complainant”) and any person against whom the complaint is filed (“the respondent”) an opportunity to submit evidence (including documents and witnesses) relevant to the complaint. The Provost’s designee will complete and summarize their findings in writing to the Provost within thirty (30) days of the start of the investigation. 
      *Any complaint which is withdrawn, or which is otherwise resolved, prior to conducting or concluding an investigation will not be subject to a formal investigation.
    • A written determination as to the investigative findings and a description of the resolution will be issued by either the Provost or their designee to the complainant and the respondent (if applicable) or others as deemed warranted by the Provost no later than ten (10) business days after its issuance. 
    • Upon completion of the investigation, either the complainant(s) or the respondent (if applicable) may appeal the written determination to the President of Endicott within ten (10) business days of the receipt of the determination. The appeal must contain a statement as to the reasons the appealing party disagrees with the determination, as well as any changes the appealing party requests, and must be submitted in writing to the President’s Office located in College Hall.
      If no appeal is received within ten (10) business days, the case will be officially closed, and a copy of the closure letter will be sent to the complainant(s).  
    •  The President will consider the appeal and respond to both the complainant(s) and the respondent with their determination, generally within fifteen (15) business days of the date the appeal is filed. The President’s findings will be considered final and binding.

Non-academic Accommodations

Non-academic accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please  submit documentation from a licensed practitioner which verifies and details the student's disability or diagnosis. Documentation must be recent to determine the current and substantial impact on a major life activity. Additionally, the documentation must establish a direct link between the accommodation request and the disability or diagnosis. Please find the forms below:

Disability Verification Form - Dietary

Disability Verification Form - Housing

Disability Verification Form - Academic

  • Assistance Animals

    Documentation should confirm that the animal is necessary for the individual's health and well-being on campus. If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please contact the Center for Accessibility Services.

  • Dietary Accommodations

    College policy maintains that all resident students must participate in one of the meal plan options. To be considered for a medically-based dietary accommodation, students must submit documentation that clearly supports a meal plan modification.

  • Accessible Housing