The Center for Academic Coaching* is a place where students on the undergraduate or graduate level can form an engaging and proactive relationship with a professional academic coach who is connected to the college and its culture.
When we partner with students we generate goals, execute plans, reflect on progress, adjust, and persist. The Center provides a caring and consistent environment to support academic progress at Endicott.
Mastery of content and completion of assignments while attending sessions is not the focus of the Center for Academic Coaching; learning how to set goals, refine organization and time management techniques, and create work plans and study schedules is. There is a fee for this service. The Center is open Monday through Friday, with evening hours available.
Students meet individually and independently with academic coaches at a mutually convenient time -- one, two, or three hours per week. Most students meet for two sessions per week. You decide at the end of each semester whether you would like to continue working in our Center. You can access the Center at any time during your Endicott career.
The Center for Academic Coaching is not a cohort program, and there is no separate application for admittance. Students are required, however, to complete an Agreement to enroll in the Center.
We help you:
- Develop academic self-awareness and confidence
- Organize course material and manage a college schedule
- Create work plans and study schedules from initiation to completion, based on class syllabi and other commitments
- Manage calendars and to-do lists
- Prepare for exams by working on test taking strategies
- Assist in accessing additional resources around campus, including tutoring, writing, and counseling services
- Encourage the balance between meeting academic responsibilities and navigating college life
- Connect to campus opportunities for involvement and engagement
- $1,750 for two fifty-minute meetings per week
- Other meeting times and number of meetings per week available for an additional fee
- Both student and parent/guardian sign a contract, agreeing to particular program parameters
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
*Formerly known as the Student Support Center