What We Do
Our mission is to be responsive to the needs of the Endicott community as we provide support in the use of current technologies and leadership in the evaluation and adoption of new and innovative ones. On a daily basis, we:
- Oversee major academic technology applications such as: Canvas- the campus Learning Management System, YuJa- cloud based media storage and distribution system, Turnitin, Respondus Lock Down browser, Blackboard Ally and Endicott's XR Lab (augmented, virtual and mixed reality). We also manage all academic specialty software acquisitions and licensing.
- Provide workshops, training and support to faculty, staff and students in the use of various software applications, mobile technologies, web tools and digital media.
- Maintain an Academic Technology Community Website, containing news, information, training materials and workshops schedules.
Endicott Technology Resources and Guidelines
Remote Teaching Support
Visit our Remote Teaching Support site for a central repository for all remote (online) teaching support and information.
All incoming freshmen for the 2020-2021 academic year are required to bring laptops to campus. Please view the College Laptop Requirement and the new hardware recommendations for all majors.
The college encourages and incorporates the use of student and faculty iPads in teaching and learning throughout the curricula. Academic Technology supports Endicott faculty and students across disciplines in this initiative. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help or call the iPad Support line at ext. 2997.
Canvas and YuJa
Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) and YuJa is our cloud based media storage and distribution server, allowing faculty to embed videos, distribute podcasts and other media files to their students in an efficient and secure manner. These online tools allow faculty, students and staff to collaborate and communicate in a variety of ways for courses and other approved campus departments and groups. Documents and files of just about any type, can be posted to Canvas by faculty. Additionally, online forums where faculty, staff and students can post topics and responses for discussion can take place 24/7. Chat rooms, web conferencing, online quizzes, tests and other coursework and assignments, as well as announcements and online grading are also part of the Canvas LMS.
Endicott College strongly recommends all students have Microsoft Office or subscribe to Microsoft Office 365.
Several majors, including Business, Visual Communications and Interior Architecture, have specific software requirements for their students. Individual courses may also have specific software requirements. Please refer to the course syllabus or your instructor for more information or click on the Laptop Purchase Program link for these majors.
Software applications are made available in our computer labs and public computing spaces, such as the Halle Library and the Cyber Café, free of charge.
Common software applications available on Endicott public use computers:
- Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- Microsoft Office
- VLC media player
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- SPSS (statistics)
- Other applications depending on location
Endicott has partnered with Kivuto to provide students, faculty and staff with academic discounts for a variety of software applications used in Endicott programs of study. To see what’s available for purchase, click on endicott.onthehub.com.