As Veterans Day approaches, Endicott College is pleased to announce the establishment of a new program designed to help veterans transition from Service Member to Student. The Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) program is a joint venture between the Bedford VA Medical Center and Endicott College that helps veteran students maximize their unique strengths, skills, and life experiences as they pursue academic success. The VITAL program provides:
· Counseling and ongoing treatment for adjustment, stress, anger, depression, anxiety, sleep problems, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
· Support in developing time management, organization, and study skills
· Connection to peer mentors and peer tutors
· Coordination with college for academic accommodations
· Support with college processes regarding academic actions and/or conduct issues
· Enrollment into Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center
· Connection to veterans administration resources including Veteran Benefits Administration and vocational rehabilitation
“We are thrilled to be able to offer this excellent program to veterans. It is an important new feature among the growing number of services that Endicott offers to veterans who want to pursue higher education,” says Endicott College President, Dr. Richard E. Wylie.
Endicott College currently has over 100 active veteran students participating in a variety of programs, including our undergraduate and graduate degree programs, our online programs, and the Van Loan School Professional Studies program designed for adults in the workforce.
Endicott College is a 2015 and 2016 Military Friendly School designee and a proud participant in the Veteran Administration’s Yellow Ribbon program. As such, the College offers veterans excellent financial support, accepting all G.I. Bill programs as well as any extra educational and living expenses not covered by the G.I. bill for full-time students. Multiple additional services are available for veterans including counseling, peer mentorship and tutors.
The College accepts Joint Service Transcripts and offer many degree options to both full time students and those actively in the workforce balancing educational pursuits with the demands of modern life.