M.A. in Interior Architecture, Professional Track (31 Credits)
For creative professionals with an interior design undergraduate degree, the Master of Arts in Interior Architecture (post-professional) program focuses on developing ability, knowledge, and applicability to: Global design issues, human behavior, occupant comfort, and contribution to the built environment.
This program combines an integration of theory and practice through required coursework in interior design firm management and graduate student forums. It allows for the application of design research, theory, and technology to professional practice used to strengthen your skills in critical thinking, design mastery, evidence-based research, and visual and oral communication.
- 31-credit program for those working in the design field
- Federal STEM designation, which provides a potential 24-month Operational Practice Training (OPT) extension for international students studying on an F-1 visa.
- Personal advising
- Networking opportunities
- Portfolio required to apply
- For additional information on admission requirements, please visit the "Admission Requirements" tab above.
- Interior Architecture Laptop Requirement
Admission procedures and requirements for our master's programs.
Admission to an Endicott College graduate program requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
General Application Requirements for all Master's Programs
To be considered for admission to one of Endicott's master's programs, you must submit the following materials. Alternatively, you may submit the following to: Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915.
- Completed online application and non-refundable $50 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College). Application fee waived for Endicott Alumni and veteran & military students.
- One letter of recommendation.This recommendation can be from either a professional or academic reference.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work should be sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work.
- Personal statement. Please include an essay of 250–500 on career goals and motivation for graduate study.
- Current resume or CV.
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 31
- Open Elective* (Cr. 3)
IA 515 - Theory and Criticism (Cr: 3)
IA 516 - Research Methodology (Cr: 3)
IA 525 - Advanced Spatial Design Studio I (Cr: 4)
IA 526 - Advanced Spatial Design Studio II (Cr: 4)
IA 670 - Thesis Documentation (Cr: 2)
IA 671 - Master's Thesis I (Cr: 6)
IA 672 - Master's Thesis II (Cr: 6)
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Assimilate highly technical, theoretical, and sophisticated problem solving methods in the development of the design of interior environments
- Research, understand, and demonstrate the role and impact upon society that emerging design theories and technologies have on complex interior environments
- Assess and synthesize project needs and strategies to operate in and communicate within a collaborative and integrated mode with other design specialist and related professions
- Develop and advance current design principles, theories and academic research, and demonstrate a contribution to design practice, education, and society
- Develop an understanding, application and specifying furniture, fixtures, finish materials, and environmental systems, controls and regulations to maximize occupant health, welfare, and comfort within interior environments
- Develop a global perspective for design including an understanding and application of sustainable strategies that enhance users and planet earth
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from Endicott College means you will have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you are finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you will find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, dedicated faculty and staff are here to prepare you for your next step.
Recent Internships & Job Sites
- Perkins + Will
- Elkus Manfredi Architects
- Tsoi Kobus Design
- Siemasko & Verbridge
- Dyer Brown
- Institute of Human-Centered Design
- Whitlock Design Group
- Visnick & Caulfield
- Fresenius Medical
- Steffian Bradley Architects
- Lavelle Brensinger Architects
- Beige and Bleu*
- North Folk Design*
*Alumni Owned Firm
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). The Interior Architecture programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).