Homeland Security (M.S.)
M.S. in Homeland Security Studies (36 Credits)
For professionals in all disciplines such as business, criminal justice, hospitality, and communications, this graduate program will train you to pursue leadership positions in the ever-changing private and public sector. You’ll address complex, multi-disciplinary, and strategic-level issues, and manage challenges that confront modern societies in an increasingly uncertain national and global security environment.
Curriculum covers intelligence, terrorism studies, emergency management, and cybersecurity
Collaborative learning environment
- Expert faculty from FBI, DHS, FEMA, and military branches
- Personal advising
- Networking opportunities and job placement support
- Yellow Ribbon/Military Friendly
- No GRE required
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 36
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Examine the complex functions and interdisciplinary nature of federal, state, and local agencies involved in intelligence, law enforcement, and other homeland security missions.
- Create effective written and verbal analyses of homeland security policies, practices, and issues.
- Evaluate strategies, systems, and tactics employed at various levels of government to prevent, mitigate, and respond to emergencies.
- Analyze the evolution, countermeasures, and policy implications of cyber threats, terrorism, and other key security challenges confronting the United States.
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
Homeland Security Studies students and alumni work in a variety of industries and use their graduate-level emergency management, terrorism, and cybersecurity training to lead major initiatives, earn promotions, or acquire a solid job opportunity as the start to a rewarding career path. Select work sites include:
• Carbon Black
• Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
• Essex County Sheriff’s Office
• Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
• Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
• Local & state public safety (police, fire, & emergency management)
• Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport)
• National Grid
• Santander Bank
• Steel Root* (IT services company focusing on cybersecurity)
• Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
• U.S. Attorney’s Office
• U.S. Coast Guard
• U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
• U.S. State Department
*Alumni owned and operated business.
Homeland Security M.S.
With our affordable and accelerated graduate program, you'll become a vital member of a security or response team sooner than you think.