Certificate in Social Justice Education (15 Credits)
This 15-credit certificate program is designed to assist in addressing teacher identities, support social justice in the classroom, and understand how marginalized groups have been adversely affected by school policy.
Teachers encounter a variety of students each day; in order to support and engage students, teachers should understand how to foster a culture where students are represented in fair and equitable ways.
- 100% online program
- Affordable tuition with financial aid available
- Build a support network with other leaders and educators
- Curriculum grounded in current research
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 15
EDN 605 - Teacher and Teaching Identities (Cr: 3)
EDN 606 - Teaching Diverse Learners (Cr: 3)
EDN 607 - Diversity and Equity in Education (Cr: 3)
EDN 600 - Gender in Education (Cr: 3)
EDN 601 - Sexuality in Education (Cr: 3)
EDN 608 - Student Diversity (Cr: 3)
EDN 609 - Culturally Responsive Classroom Management (Cr: 3)
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Develop a social justice orientation for their classroom
- Understand how their identity as a teacher impacts marginalized students
- Develop pedagogy for inclusive practices that address inequities and foster cultural responsiveness
- Demonstrate expertise, mastery, and ability to implement the skills related to understanding and engaging in culturally responsive classroom management.
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
- EDN 605 - Teacher and Teaching Identities (Cr: 3)