Certificate in Social Emotional Learning (15 Credits)
This certificate is designed for in-service educators to help students cope and manage the complex challenges of trauma and emotional development. This certificate program will assist you in learning techniques to support the development of these critical attributes and improve problem-solving, self-management, relationships, and social awareness skills.
- Online accelerated format convenient for busy professionals
- Individualized advising & support
- Highly competitive tuition
- Curricula design to effect change immediately
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 15
EDN 550 - Cognitive Frameworks for Social Emotional Learning (Cr: 3)
EDN 553 - Understanding Emotions in Classroom Settings (Cr: 3)
EDN 516 - Prosocial Behavioral Perspectives (Cr: 3)
EDN 514 - Mindfulness (Cr: 3)
EDN 558 - School and Community-based Applications of Social Emotional Learning (Cr: 3)
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Understand ecological models of human development that articulates with culture to apply to evidence-based classroom practice.
- Develop reflective practice comprising of culturally-sensitive, evidence-based practices including behavior management
- Manage and apply social emotional learning frameworks and curriculum to promote a safe and supportive learning environment for all students
- Synthesize social emotional research to inform practice in school district, school, classroom or community.
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
- EDN 550 - Cognitive Frameworks for Social Emotional Learning (Cr: 3)