Keys to Degrees: Educating Two Generations Together
They're motivated, they're academic achievers, and they're parents. Finding the right balance between a demanding degree program and a full range of real-life responsibilities is never easy, especially when those real-life responsibilities include raising a child.
Endicott College is deeply concerned about young men and women who become single parents before they have an opportunity to attend college and complete their education. In an effort to make a difference in the lives of these young men and women, Endicott has developed Keys to Degrees: Educating Two Generations Together, a program that puts a baccalaureate degree within reach for a young single parent who seeks a better life. This comprehensive program brings educational opportunity to a largely under-served population.
The Keys to Degrees Program
Keys to Degrees: Educating Two Generations Together is designed for academically qualified single men and women, ages 18 to 24, at the time of their admission to the college, who are the parents of one child. Choosing from among the College's outstanding programs of study, a young parent enjoy the opportunity to complete an undergraduate degrees in an environment that supports their needs and the needs of their child. Program benefits include campus housing and the support services offered by the College.
Goals of the Program
The primary goals of Keys to Degrees: Single Parent Program are to provide the essential tools for students to:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree from Endicott College;
- Successfully balance academic, work, and family obligations;
- Become economically self-sufficient in their chosen field of study;
- Be responsible and contributing members of the community; and
- Live and learn on campus with their children.
Through participation in the program, student-parents will:
- Be eligible to graduate in four years;
- Live on campus year-round and attend classes during the academic year/summer;
- Participate in structured mentoring partnerships;
- Pursue internship opportunities related to selected major;
- Acquire knowledge, skills, and information about opportunities for further education and employment;
- Actively attend academic, personal development, and relevant workshops.
For information on the Keys to Degrees Program, please complete the online Contact Form or email: