Endicott College’s annual Giving Day was a record-breaking event. The original goal of 2,200 donors and $175,000 was the highest it has ever been set at and it was surpassed with 2,884 donors donating an impressive $258,360.
Each year, we host a Big Giving Day Challenge that is made possible by the generosity of our incredible Endicott community supporters. Past challenge gifts have come from trustees, alumni, and others who support our time-tested experiential learning model. This year, that person was Trustee and parent Joanna Schulman P’17 who generously donated $25 for every gift made for a total amount of $55,000.
In addition to Schulman’s challenge, eight other challenges occurred throughout the day and therefore allowed the College to unlock an additional $47,300 in matching funds once met. They were as follows:
- Parent Challenge, Sponsored by George & Lisa Surabian P’18, P’21, P’23
- 2020 Class Challenge, Sponsored by Trustee Michelle & Rob Labossiere P’20
- 2000-2009 Alumni Decade Challenge, Sponsored by Bryan '00 & Sheila Devereaux '01
- Gulls of the Last Decade (GOLD)/Recent Alumni Challenge, Sponsored by Andrew '14 & Mackenzie Coombs Spinelli '14
- Reunion Alumni Class Challenge, Sponsored by Arlene Sydiskis Battistelli '60
- Forever a Gull Alumni Athlete Challenge, Sponsored by Next-Gen Supply Group & local eatery Super Sub
- Scholarship Challenge, Sponsored by Mary Thompson Grassi ’72
- President’s Challenge, Sponsored by President Steven R. DiSalvo, Ph.D.
Director of Annual Giving Sarah Earnest says, “This year’s Giving Day was an incredible success! It's inspiring to witness so many alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends, come together to support our students and programs. The collective impact we had in just 24 hours is a testimony to the strength and character of the Endicott community.”
Giving Day’s success is always a team effort. Staff, faculty, students, parents, alumni, and other supporters are all an integral part of the process and their gifts directly translate to the advancement of the College. Gifts are made to scholarship support, academic schools or programs, internship and career services, athletic teams, student resources, clubs and organizations, and many other areas on campus as designated by the donors.
These dollars make a very real impact on campus and on individuals, and we are incredibly thankful for the continued support.