One-way video interviews are an increasingly popular way companies are holding their first round of interviews. It helps companies make sure that the candidates meet basic job requirements, similar to an initial phone interview.
Eight tips for one-way video interviews:
- Maintain eye-contact with the camera rather than looking at yourself as if you are speaking face to face with a person.
- Make sure to follow all the directions given to you for the video interview. It is important to demonstrate your ability to pay attention to details and skipping over instructions may disqualify you from moving forward with the interview process.
- Keep it natural. Showing your personality can go a long way so try not to sound too rehearsed or like you are reading from a script.
- Do your research. Always make sure you learn about the company and position you're interviewing for and be ready to talk about how the job requirements relate to your classwork, internships and other experiences.
- Dress appropriately. Wear professional clothing like you would in any other interview.
- Find a quiet, private, well-lit place, free from possible interruptions. Be sure your background is professional and not too cluttered.
- Make sure that your internet connection is stable and that your webcam and speakers are working properly.
- Don’t forget to practice! Visit Endicott.interviewstream.com