Doctoral students will find faculty members who will guide them successfully through the program. Course instructors and doctoral committee members are an essential part of the doctoral program community. They teach and advise as guides and mentors with care, enthusiasm and encouragement.
Distinguished Faculty Members
- Brian Bicknell, B.S. in Physical Education, Fairmont State College; Masters of Mental Health Counseling, Fitchburg State College; Ed.D in Higher Education Administration, The University of Massachusetts - Boston.
- Donna Buonopane, B.S. in Education and M.Ed. in Independent Study: Mathematics & Science Education, Lesley University; Ph.D. in Educational Administration, Boston College.
- Jo Ann Gammel, B.A. in Speech Therapy, Phillips University; M.I.A. in International Administration, School for International Training; Ed.D. in Adult Learning & Leadership, Columbia University.
- Stephen D. Immerman, Ed.D in Higher Education Management, University of Pennsylvania
- Enid Larsen, B.A., in Psychology and Music Therapy, Goddard College; Masters in Social Work, Simmons College; M.Ed. in Organizational Management, Endicott College; Ph.D. in Educational Studies, Lesley University.
- Michael D. Maginn, A.B. in Instructional Technology and M.S. in Education, Syracuse University; Ed.D. in Instructional Technology and Educational Psychology, University of Southern California.
- Anita J. Miller, B.A. in Music Therapy, Colorado State University; M.S. in Public Affairs and Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration, University of Massachusetts - Boston.
- Rick Ochberg, B.A. in Social Relations, Harvard College; Ph.D. in Psychology, University of Michigan; Post-doctoral Fellow, Yale University.
- Chrystal Denmark Porter
- Michael H. Rubino, B.A. in Liberal Arts/Psychology, Clark University; Ed.D. in Administration of Higher Education, Northeastern University; J.D., Suffolk University.
- Mary Thompson-Jones, B.A. in Journalism and Political Science, California State University, Northridge; M.A. in Law and Diplomacy, The Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University; Ed.D. in Higher Education Management, University of Pennsylvania.
Advanced Graduate Council
The Advanced Graduate Council, the doctoral advisory council supports the doctoral program. The purpose of the Council (AGC) is to meet regularly to provide the Director of the Doctoral Program with advice regarding the components of the doctoral program, the development of new policies, faculty appointments and student advising. Overall academic issues including library and other learning resources will also be discussed.
Current members of the AGC are:
- Jo Ann Gammel, Associate Professor and Director, Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
Lynne Celli, Assistant Dean & Director, PreK-12 Educational Leadership
- Brian Courtemanche, LibraryDirector
Deborah D’Avolio, Director, Ph.D. in Nursing
- Michael Dorsey, Director, Ph.D. in Applied Behavior
Annette Iglarsh, Director, Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Sara Quay, Dean, School of Education
- Debra Richardson Smith, Director, Program Evaluation & Research Group (PERG)
- Gene Wong, Dean, School of Arts & Sciences