Verification is the process of verifying or confirming the accuracy of data
that is provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
At Endicott, students can be selected for Verification in 2 ways:
1. 100 % of those applications selected by the Central Processing System
(CPS) during the processing of application data, either randomly or based upon
predetermined edit criteria, are required to be verified by the Financial Aid
2. The Financial Aid Office may also select applications for Verification
that were not selected by the CPS. These additional applications may be
selected based upon but are not limited to such criteria as family income/asset
levels, number in family/college, and questionable changes in an individual
student's EFC or family circumstances from year to year.
Verification, if required, is performed prior to the awarding of any
financial aid. Estimated awards may be made on an exception only basis but
federal loans will not be certified and funds will not be credited to a
student's account until Verification has been completed.
The Financial Aid Office electronically submits changes made to the FAFSA as
a result of Verification to the CPS so that an official EFC can be calculated.
The revised FAFSA and resulting EFC is then sent to both the student and the
College. The student can then be awarded based upon the official, corrected
NOTE: The Endicott Financial Aid Office will always resolve
conflicting information, regardless of whether the applicant is selected for
Verification or not.
In cases of suspected fraud or other criminal misconduct in connection with
the FAFSA, the College will contact the Department of Education's Office of
When selected for Verification, the following forms are required:
1. Verification Worksheet
2. Copies of Student's and Parent(s)'W-2s
3. A copy of student's and parent(s)' official IRS Tax Transcripts (Due to recent changes in the federal verification process, Endicott cannot accept photocopies of tax returns). To request an Official IRS Tax Transcript, please call 800-908-9946 or visit Ordering Transcripts and order a transcript online. Alternatively, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool via the FAFSA can be used to transfer your tax information directly to the FAFSA. For step by step instructions on using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, please visit Data Retrieval Tool Instructions.
4. An IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter/Transcript dated on or after October 2016 if student or parent(s) did not work or if student or parent(s) worked but were not required to file a U.S. Income Tax Return. To order the IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter/Transcript, please visit Ordering Non-Filing Letter/Transcript