Certificate in Gender and Sexuality in Education
Certificate in Gender and Sexuality in Education (15 Credits)
Be better prepared to address gender and sexuality with your students. This 15-credit certificate program examines related topics through a sequence of five advanced graduate courses.
- 100% online program
- Affordable tuition with financial aid available
- Build a support network with other leaders and educators
- Curriculum grounded in current research
All candidates must apply online at: endicott.edu/admission/information-for-graduate-students/apply
Applicants should submit the following to Graduate Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- One letter of recommendation from a professional reference;
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Develop and critique how normative educational models create power structures that inhibit student development and inclusion,
- Develop inclusive curricula in gender and sexuality,
- Teach all students through instructional practices that establish a safe and effective classroom environment.
EDN 600 - Gender in Education (Cr: 3)
EDN 601 - Sexuality in Education (Cr: 3)
EDN 602 - Inclusive Curricula in Gender & Sexuality (Cr: 3)
EDN 603 - Inclusive Pedagogy in Gender & Sexuality (Cr: 3)
EDN 604 - Practicum in Gender and Sexuality Studies (Cr: 3)
Total Certificate Requirements - 15 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes