Certificate in Cybersecurity (12 Credits)
Cybersecurity is an increasingly important concern in both the public and private sector, with a predicted global job shortage of two million cybersecurity professionals by 2019. Endicott College’s post-baccalaureate graduate-level course certificate program focuses on developing professional skills through an understanding of computer network security principles, human behavior, systems, cyber forensics, and the strategies and agencies (federal and state) that are intended to secure the nation from cyberattacks.
This program prepares students to sit for the CompTIA Security+ exam, and covers the exam fee.
- Four-course, 12-credit certificate
- Expert faculty with real-world experience from DHS, FBI, and military branches
- Personal advising
- Networking opportunities and job placement support
Available jobs in this field continue to grow nationwide. One of them can be yours.
All candidates must apply online at: endicott.edu/admission/information-for-graduate-students/apply
Applicants should submit the following to Graduate Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- An updated resume
- Two letters of reference
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
At the completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Identify cybersecurity threats and understand the laws, policies, strategies, and agencies that are intended to secure and protect the nation from those threats
- Evaluate cyber criminals and malicious software with the use of hands on cyber investigative tools to analyze risks and identify how to better protect networks
- Identify and understand computer components, networking terminology and concepts, and the vulnerabilities and risks of physical and wireless networks to develop and implement cybersecurity incident response and recovery procedures
Required CurriculumHLS 555 - Cybersecurity for the Homeland Security ProfessionalHLS 610 - Cybersecurity AnalystHLS 611 - Information System Hardware and NetworkingHLS 612 - Information System Security
Total Certificate Requirements - 12 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Evenings and Saturdays, on-site in Beverly, Mass.