We know you are ready to embrace the challenge of college, and the Student Support Center is here to help you maximize your academic experience at Endicott.
The Student Support Center* is a place where students on the undergraduate or graduate level can form an engaging and proactive relationship with a professional learning consultant who is connected to the college and its culture. We coach, model, and mentor by customizing academic strategies to help students reach their goals. The Center provides a caring and consistent environment to support academic progress at Endicott. Students meet individually and independently with learning consultants at a mutually convenient time one, two, or three hours per week. There is a fee for this service. The Center is open Monday through Friday, with evening hours available.
Student Support is not a cohort program, and there is no separate application for admittance. You will meet individually and independently with learning consultants, and decide at the end of each semester whether you would like to continue working in our Center. You can access the Center at any time during your undergraduate career.
Most students meet for two fifty-minute sessions per week. Students decide at the end of each semester whether they would like to continue. They can access the Center at any time during their undergraduate years, at any time during the semester, and they can leave and return as they choose to.
We help you:
- Develop academic self-awareness and confidence
- Organize course material and manage a college schedule
- Create work plans and study schedules from initiation to completion, based on class syllabi and other commitments
- Manage calendars and to-do lists
- Prepare for exams by working on test taking strategies
- Assist in accessing additional resources around campus, including tutoring, writing, and counseling services
- Encourage the balance between meeting academic responsibilities and navigating college life
- Connect to campus opportunities for involvement and engagement
- $1,500 for two fifty-minute meetings per week
- Other meeting times and number of meetings per week available for an additional fee
- Both student and parent/guardian sign a contract, agreeing to particular program parameters
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
*Beginning in Fall 2019, the Student Support Center will be known as the Center for Academic Coaching. Learning consultants will begin a comprehensive training and certification program at that time. Upon completion, they will take the title "academic coach."