HoursAcademic Year: Sunday – Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 12 midnight. Summers, intersessions, etc.: Monday - Friday daytime/early evening hours.
Professional position that provides reference and interlibrary loan services and teaches the community to access and evaluate information.
- Assists library users with the use of print, non-print and online resources
- Provides and manages interlibrary loan services
- Provides supervision and technical support for electronic databases
- Instructs individual users and classes on the use and evaluation of library resources.
- Conducts library orientations/tours upon request
- Contributes to collection development and management
- Prepares, updates and distributes guides to library resources
- Performs circulation service duties including:
Staffing circulation desk at point of need
Circulating library materials
Creating and maintaining patron records
Communicating and maintaining library policies
Resolving circulation problems
Distributing overdue notices in the summer
- Provides library technical services support at point of need
- Contributes to library web pages in cooperation with Office of Information Technology
- Attends professional meetings when appropriate.
- Serves on appropriate College committees.
- Compiles monthly/yearly statistics for reference queries, ILL and class visits
- Performs other duties as required and in consonance with the ECFA-Endicott contract to meet the needs of the department and the College.
MLS from an ALA-accredited institution required
Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Reference experience in an academic library environment preferred.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.