TitlePublic Safety Officer - Per Diem
Provide a safety and security presence on campus by application of conscientious vehicle, foot and bicycle patrol functions.
Enforce applicable state criminal codes, College parking regulations and College regulations and policies.
Respond and investigate crimes reported, vehicle accidents on campus property, medical emergencies, fires, safety hazards and fire and security alarms received.
Conduct security and safety inspections of buildings and grounds, open and secure buildings, and perform crime prevention functions.
Render public relations services to the College community and campus visitors, assist motorists, conduct escorts and perform traffic duties.
Participate in education programs designed to stimulate awareness of crime prevention measures, personal safety and individual responsibility.
Must be able to work a minimum of (1) one 8-hour shift per 30-day period on an On-Call basis.
- Associates Degree or equivalent credits – Bachelor’s preferred
- Prior experience in Law Enforcement or Security fields (especially in an academic setting) preferred
- Possess a valid Massachusetts driver's license
- Pass annual motor vehicle and criminal background checks
- Pass random drug testing
- Demonstrate excellent people skills employing effective community service orientation techniques, ensuring positive and professional interactions are maintained with Endicott College community members and their guests
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to complete all reports required in a clear and precise manner
- Maintain active CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid (First Responder) certifications, or have the ability to be certified within 30-days of employment
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge
- Computer skills necessary: Intermediate WORD, EXCEL & COAST System
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.