TitlePer Diem Campus Police Officer (primarily overnight shifts)
• Enforce applicable state criminal codes, College parking regulations and College regulations and policies.
• Respond and investigate crimes reported, vehicle accidents on campus property, medical emergencies, fires, safety hazards and fire and security alarms received.
• Conduct security and safety inspections of buildings and grounds, open and secure buildings, and perform crime prevention functions.
• Render public relations services to the College community and campus visitors, assist motorists, conduct escorts and perform traffic duties.
• Participate in education programs designed to stimulate awareness of crime prevention measures, personal safety and individual responsibility.
• Patrol campus and immediate environs by vehicle, bicycle, ATV and/or on foot.
• Candidates will be required to work a minimum of four (4) campus events or patrol shifts per month, as well as several major campus events, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Police.
• Essential Personnel
• Must be able to pass the following pre-employment examinations: psychological assessments under the auspices of the Campus Police Department, as well as a thorough background check to include Criminal Offender Records Information.
• Pass annual motor vehicle and criminal background checks
• Eligibility for appointment as a Massachusetts Special State Police Officer under Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 22C, Section 63
• Must have or be able to obtain and retain a Massachusetts license to carry a firearm. Out-of-State applicants must possess the equivalent class of Firearms permit in their resident state and have the ability to obtain a Massachusetts Class A license to carry a firearm.
• Demonstrate excellent people skills employing effective community service orientation techniques, ensuring positive and professional interactions are maintained with Endicott College community members and their guests
• Ability to work varied work schedules and shifts (day, evening and midnight) based on assignment and the needs of the department/College.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to complete all reports required in a clear and precise manner
• Basic knowledge and understanding of police procedures and how those procedures are adapted to an educational community, preferred.
• Maintain active CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid (First Responder) certifications, or have the ability to be certified within 30 days of employment
• Computer literacy in the department's law enforcement technology preferred, including word processing, CJIS, ID equipment, various alarm systems/computers, and other security-related software.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.