TitlePart-Time Circulation Department Assistant
Hours17 hours per week primarily in the evening and weekends.
- Assist Coordinator of Library User Services with operations at the circulation desk: assist library users with wide range of activities, including registration, charging books out, returning books, and reserve readings. Refer patrons to reference librarian when necessary.
- Help the Coordinator of Library User Services to supervise and assist circulation department student staff of approximately 25 student workers, primarily during evening and weekend hours. Provide coverage and service continuity when student worker is unavailable.
- Assist Coordinator of Library User Services with training of new student staff in circulation desk procedures.
- Process course reserve items received during scheduled hours.
- Assist Coordinator of Library User Services with dissemination of circulation notices to Library users.
- Assist Coordinator of Library User Services with shelf reading, shelving, shifting, and collection maintenance.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Library User Services or the Library Director.
- Bachelors degree required. Library experience required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Experience with Evergreen circulation software preferred.
- Some schedule flexibility preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.