A working supervisor for the building maintenance technicians/plumbers and sub-contractors. Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, service and repairs to all HVAC and plumbing equipment on campus. Solicits contracts for preventive maintenance and repairs for all HVAC and plumbing systems and equipment on campus. Provides daily supervision of Building Automation Systems to include seasonal system changeovers and scheduling. Initiates service response to BAS alarms and system deficiencies based on data from individual devices or systems in all buildings. Attends to day to day supervision of HVAC and plumbing staff, including scheduling, attendance, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions. Maintains employee records. Provides coverage for absent workers. Designates shift and area work assignments
1. Provides day to day supervision of plumbing/HVAC staff, including scheduling, attendance, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions. Maintains employee records. Provides coverage for absent workers. Designates shift and area work assignments.
2. Monitors and repairs HVAC and refrigeration systems on campus. Responds to work orders for these areas. Performs preventive maintenance on all systems.
3. Responsible for the plumbing maintenance of facilities in accordance with standards of the college. Performs repairs to equipment as needed.
4. Solicits and procures contracts for service and maintenance of HVAC mechanical equipment on campus.
5. Ensures and supervises maintenance contracts for all commercial kitchen equipment on campus
6. Procures contracts for periodic maintenance of Building Automation System by authorized dealer.
7. Analyze and maintains chemical treatment for water in cooling towers and boiler systems.
8. Procures contracts to provide service to water treatment services for cooling towers, boilers and waters sources heat pump systems on campus.
9. Maintains equipment for optimal efficiency and participates in campus initiatives to maintain a high level forward movement in energy efficiency.
10. Oversees installation of HVAC systems in-house and/or by outside contractors.
11. Provides back up and assists with plumbing and electrical work and problems as needed.
12. Participates in on-call system for emergencies as well as for scheduled days of coverage.
13. On call for weather related emergencies, including snow, ice, sleet and flooding as needed.
14. Monitors inventory and reorders parts and supplies as required.
15. Performs other duties as necessary to meet the goals of the department and college.
• Valid MA Refrigeration Technicians License preferred
• Has valid EPA refrigerant recovery certification
• Has own vehicle and basic tool/equipment to perform duties.
• Ability to follow instructions and Policies and Procedures of the College.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to respond to emergency/ on-call situations.
• Must provide proof of valid Mass. drivers license, registration and DOT medical form annually.
• The following licenses would be a plus:
• MA Sheet metal installer
• MA Pipefitter installer
• MA Plumbing
• MA Electrician
• MA Oil burner Tech.