TitleEvent Operations Manager
- Act as function manager at weddings, social and corporate events, overseeing functions and beverage services.
- Coordinate the operation of Misselwood day meetings, including set up, floor plans and on-site management.
- Coordinate set up and implementation for several College-wide events and serve as function manager.
- Train and supervise student staff as needed at events.
- Attend scheduled client meetings
- Ensure consistent delivery of products and services, while creating a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
- Assist with the establishment of Misselwood as a year-round meeting facility by identifying and developing sustainable new niche markets and future planning of events.
- Facilitate a portion of the Misselwood Event Series that will take place throughout the year.
- Assist with the management of the operations of Misselwood Events.
- Analyze current vendor relations and seek alternate plans for future changes and opportunities.
- Assist department team members with Social Media marketing and other marketing initiatives year
- Become cross-trained in tasks and responsibilities of other department staff.
- Perform other duties as needed to meet the goals of the department and the College.
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality Management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing events in a professional manner.
- Minimum of two years of high-end food and beverage or event experience required.
- Experience with social media campaigns
- Effectively learn and implement any new software system for the position
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on EMS, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Prior event experience required.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent management, organization and customer services skills and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have working knowledge of bartending, including purchasing and inventory control.
- Must be ServSafe Alcohol certified.
- Must maintain up Crowd Manager and CPR/AED Certifications
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing work priorities and able to stand on your feet for several hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.