Entrepreneur in Residence
Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EiR) provides the support, guidance and resources to help students develop the business framework for and ultimately launch their startup businesses. The EiR may also work with pre-commercial companies in Endicott’s STEM incubator as well as faculty and alumni ventures.
The EiR will work alongside the Director of the Center to support the Center’s strategies and initiatives that will:
1. scale the Endicott entrepreneurial ecosystem
2. increase learning and venture success outcomes
3. ensure a robust entrepreneurial ecosystems within and outside the campus
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Providing or facilitating business and educational support for Endicott students and alumni through the Center for Entrepreneurship and Gerrish School of Business
• Providing or facilitating technical support for Endicott students and alumni through the School of Engineering and Life Sciences faculty and laboratory resources
• Identifying staffing needs, and assisting with the recruiting of interns for the companies in Endicott’s Incubator
• Identification of potential grant and related funding sources such as the National Science Foundation, Economic Development Agency, and private foundations.
• Reaching out to and working with North Shore InnoVentures, the North Shore Technology Leadership Council, greater Boston area accelerators such as Greentown Labs, MassChallenge and similarly-affiliated organizations.
• Advanced degree(s) in Business and/or Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences, Digital Health as well as Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Private sector experience in building and growing for-profit or not-for-profit businesses
• Business development and partnering experience in both the private sector and with academia
• Experience with investors and the evolving funding landscape as appropriate for pre-commercial/seed stage companies
• Ability to work with students and, more broadly, within an academic institution
• Solid inter-personal skills and a collegial approach to achieving objectives
• Self-starter and ability to work in a fast-growing institution
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.