TitleDirector of Sustainability
- Direct Sustainability Efforts to ensure sustainability actions are prioritized to meet college goals.Use STARS to track progress
- Lead the formulation of the college’s long-term sustainability vision, mission and operating principles, and lead the development of a high level strategy to support them
- Collaborate with campus departments to develop a coordinated sustainability plan.Build sustainability principles into short and long-range capital and operational improvements
- Serve as an internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, while communicating and educating members of the campus community
- Serve as the central point of contact for external groups and vendors
- Evaluate energy, water, and waste data to determine savings.Research new initiatives and track progress.
- Implement energy projects to reduce energy use, reduce carbon emissions, and save money through:efficiency in new and existing construction, renewable energy and energy markets, tracking & projections to verify results.
- Assist in energy procurement strategies
- Oversee Waste and Recycling systems to maximize recycling and ensure compliance.
- Implement other campus sustainability efforts to save water, improve and maintain gardens, and implement sustainable dining initiatives.
- Manage sustainability staff and/or work study students
- Maintain a robust and informative web and social media presence.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible budget/financial experience or related experience in a college environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master in applicable field preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience working in higher education sustainability efforts
- Knowledge of environmental issues and strategies
- Demonstrated evidence of strategic, pragmatic, and analytical approaches to problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse project, work with students, and work independently
- Team player who is willing to work hard
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.