TitleCoordinator of Library User Services
- Provide service at the circulation desk: assist library users with wide range of activities, including registration, charging books out, returning books, reserve readings, and reference questions. Refer questions to reference librarian when necessary.
- Supervise student staff of approximately 25 student workers for 96.5 hours of circulation desk coverage. Interview, hire, schedule, train, assign shelf reading duties, and fill out payroll reports for them. Communicate with student workers on a daily basis through the log and email to follow through on schedule conflicts and ongoing training issues.
- Supervise, train, and conduct yearly performance evaluations of Part-Time Circulation Assistant library staff members.
- Oversee all activity at the circulation desk of the library.
- Train new staff in circulation desk procedures.
- Process all course reserve items per semester.
- Oversee entry of all patron records into automated database; check for accuracy; correct when necessary. Purge lists of withdrawn students and students who have graduated to maintain a current patron database.
- Oversee dissemination of all circulation notices to Library users. Ensure compliance with Library policies by direct communication if necessary. Coordinate the production of all notices with the NOBLE Network Administrator. Create lists of delinquent patrons and coordinate with the College Bursar at the end of the academic year. Collect payment for lost books and send payment to the Business Office.
- Attend NOBLE meetings, roundtables, and training sessions concerning circulation, course reserves, management reports, and create lists program. Inform our staff of any new policies, or changes resulting from these sessions. Communicate with NOBLE about our calendar.
- Maintain a file of current circulation and reserve desk procedures and policies. Work with the director to formulate and evaluate circulation policies and then implement policies decided upon by the director.
- Maintain and compile circulation statistics on a monthly and annual basis.
- Oversee and coordinate Library Display activities including new books.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Library experience in an automated environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with tact and understanding of the role of academic libraries in a college setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.