TitleChief Information Officer
- Provide operational leadership to the managers and staff of the Information Technology Department. Guide the team in research and decision making on long-term goals and on response techniques to maintain stability and achieve short-term objectives.
- Provide information and recommendations to the College on relevant developments in the field of information technology. Continually assess technical advances, planning methodologies, use of technology in teaching/learning and administrative applications in industry and academia. Provide input to senior management in the development and management of strategies involving technology. In conjunction with the Vice President of Finance, negotiate and approve contracts for maintenance and acquisition of hardware and network components, physical facilities, and application systems that are scalable to meet current and future College needs.Nurture relationships with external contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Determine future major technological directions to complement College strategic plans. Establish and lead planning processes for acquisition and use of technology resources; provide input and leadership to planning groups as required to develop goals, timelines, and strategies for College information technology. Work collaboratively with administration and faculty. Develop IT policies, practices and standards in coordination and collaboration with stakeholders, to implement orderly planning, purchasing and installation of an information technology infrastructure to support strategic initiatives. Develop policies in relation to local, state and federal guidelines
- Provide project management leadership to strategic systems projects, monitoring development to ensure that timelines and budgets are met. Ensure that IT units meet College accreditation and assessment standards; participate in strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate, support, and encourage the use of information technology across the entire College community. Actively consult with colleagues and support College information technology governance. Lead and assist College change and business process improvements and automation efforts. Collaborate with the Vice President for Finance in budget preparation and resource allocation related to IT.
- Master’s Degree in related field and a minimum of 10 years management experience in the information technology field in an institution of higher education or equivalent corporate role.
- Strong background in IT support and management, and a proven track record of ensuring alignment of service capacity, flexibility, and delivery with both strategic and operational requirements.
- Solid understanding of mainstream support service and systems, and of industry best practices in support methodologies, service management, change management and communications.
- Understanding of evolving academic and research technology requirements and recognition of the need to support both mainstream and emergent technologies.
- Proven track record in recruiting, directing, motivating and guiding the development of a team of IT professionals.
- Ability to explain complex technology in a manner that is understandable to non-technical audiences including faculty, students, and staff.
- Ability to identify and recommend solutions for IT challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments and to develop cooperative-working relationships at all levels of the institution, constituents and the public.
- Must have experience in data and network security, networking infrastructure including firewalls, core and edge hardware and intrusion detection methodologies, system integration including common API interfaces such as REST.
- Experience with ERP systems, software development methodologies, and web application infrastructure.
- Must have ability to develop policies in relation to local, state and federal guidelines.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.