HoursFull-Time; Monday - Friday 9-5
Oversees the overall operations of student financial services, billing, receivables, loan receivables, and cashiering functions of the College. Responsible for the system integrity of the Jenzabar application, and all other applications that support the Bursar’s Office. This position will provide leadership and supervision for timely collection and posting of student account transactions. The Bursar requires a working knowledge of standard collection practices including Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Red Flag Rules, PCI Compliance Laws, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB Act). This position supervises a staff of three.
- Supervise the College Bursar’s Office to include the collections on student receivables, loan receivables, and all cash receipts.
- Provide leadership to promote a positive image of the Bursar’s Office when handling customer/client problems by treating each individual with respect and resolving their concerns/complaints in a professional manner.
- Provide mentoring and training to support staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and to ensure the security of the College funds kept in the Bursar’s Office by keeping monies and financial records locked and secure from unauthorized access.
- Ensure that all internal collection efforts have been exhausted prior to transfer to collections.
- Assist in determining appropriate write-off student account debt.
- Review, approve and monitor refunds and adjustments to student accounts.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for student health insurance programs annually.
- Review and make recommendations for collection agencies and third party vendors.
- Maintain and reconcile all enrolled students in the Student Health Insurance program.
- Responsible for reporting to the Mass Division of Health Care and Finance on enrollment and Performance Metrics for the Student Health Insurance program.
- Maintain tuition and fee rate, billing parameters, and refund tables.
- Implement and maintain all aspects of e-billing and e-payment.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to Jenzabar module.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all functions within the Bursar’s Office
- Ensure Compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Disburse Financial Aid to student accounts according to federal and college policies.
- Process and apply Direct Student Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized, and plus loans) to student accounts and notify Treasurer of amounts to draw down.Notify recipients of their right to cancel.
- Retrieve private loan files, edit, post, and reconcile with Financial Aid.
- Calculate and process all return of Title IV Funds for withdrawals and non federal calculated withdrawals.
- Reconcile between disbursed and awarded aid and amounts reported by various federal agencies.
- Coordinate and manage billing and collection related to Federal Perkins Loan and Endicott No Interest Loans with external service provider to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Update website, catalogs, and brochures.
- Process data for transfer to ECSI for the production of 1098T forms.
- Develop Cognos reports to assist with collections, problem solving, and research.
- Serve as a point of contact from collection agencies and third party vendors.
- Performs all aspects of personnel supervision, including hiring, evaluation, termination, disipline and coaching.
- Supervises Bursar’s participation in Registration and check-in process, open house and Accepted Student’s Day.
- Participate in membership of several College committees.
- Participates in College events as required.
- Responsible for adherence to credit policies as established by the Board of Trustees.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Bursar’s Office by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Prior collection experience.
- Knowledge of Higher Ed principles, practices, procedures and Federal and State regulations.
- Hands-on experience with an integrated database required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with other departments on campus.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have own transportation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior supervisory experience
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.