TitleAthletic Communications Intern
HoursFull-Time; Semester long position. September 3 - December 14, 2018
The Office of Athletic Communications for the Department of Athletics and Recreation at Endicott College is the hub for all internal and external communication efforts for the 21 NCAA Division III programs and six club sport teams. The Athletic Communications Intern will be heavily integrated into the efforts of this office by learning, developing, and executing strategy for the web, social media, and media relations in order to promote and market Endicott’s student-athletes, teams, and the department, in general. This position is geared towards external student candidates seeking to fulfill a semester-long internship for their respective institution. Hours and credits earned are based on that institution’s internship requirements.
- Serve as a primary sport contact for one of Endicott’s NCAA Division III programs while aiding in the coverage of other in-season teams
- Conduct all aspects of pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage for assigned home contests
- Actively contribute professional content to the Endicott Athletics and Recreation website (www.ECGulls.com) according to the standards set by the Office of Athletic Communications
- Represent the College in a positive manner through various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Maintain and update accurate historical records
- Write and submit copy to the Office of Publications needed to print sport guides, admission literature, academic catalogue updates, and other publications, as necessary
- Assist in the training and supervising of student workers
- Maintain professionalism in communication internally with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, and student workers and externally with members of the media, colleagues at opposing institutions, and visitors to Endicott College
Must be currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in sport management, communications, journalism, or another relevant major
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are expected
- Prior experience working in a college athletic communications or sports information office is desired
- Computer proficiency including word processing, statistical programs, current design and desktop publishing software, and website maintenance are a plus
Regular physical exertion; walking and exposure to weather required; ability to travel; and light lifting required (50 pounds and under). Requires some weekend and evening hours.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.