TitleAssistant Dean, Nursing
- Works with the Dean of Nursing in overseeing nursing major programs, and special projects related to nursing.
- Works inter-departmentally and with the nursing Clinical Coordinator and Dean to schedule nursing courses.
- In collaboration with the Dean of School of Nursing may conduct monthly meetings for nursing department including generation of agendas and meeting minutes.
- Teaches up to 2 courses (or 6 credits) per semester.
- In collaboration with the Dean, schedules and facilitates meetings required to maintain excellence with the major and curricula, including activities devoted to Nursing Accreditation Organization requirements and NEASC data collection for program assessment.
- Assists with hiring, assessing and supervising adjunct faculty in nursing.
- Provides updates for College web pages and publications.
- Represents Endicott nursing in the community.
- Attends curriculum meetings of the School of Nursing.
- Advises students within the nursing.
- Supports all admission and recruiting events.
- Visit and evaluate new clinical sites.
- Completes and executes various annual reports, Mass Board of Registration, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed to meet the needs of the School and the College.
- Doctorate in Nursing, Ph.D. preferred.
- Prior higher education teaching experience required.
- Prior higher education administration experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, planning and conflict resolution skills needed.
- Experience in instructional design and methodology, particularly as relates to progressive pedagogy and 21st century teaching and learning practices.
- Knowledge of nursing clinical practice in the various specialties of nursing.
- Current in contemporary practice in a nursing field and active in professional activities at the local, state, national, and/or international level. Scholarship/research program should allow for mentoring of undergraduate students.
- Experience in nursing curricular assessment and evaluation.
- Experience in development of policies and procedures, organization and leadership.
- Prior supervisory experience desirable.
- Experience in student evaluation and outcome assessment.
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of information technology.
- Ability to initiate and maintain/administer programs independently.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.