TitleAssociate Director of Ph.D. in Nursing Program
- Teach 2 graduate courses per year
- Provide leadership and oversight under the direction of the Dean of Nursing for the Ph.D. in Nursing Program
- Oversee and carry out the academic functions of the program including recruiting, mentoring and evaluating teaching faculty, faculty advisors, and dissertation advisors.
- Develop and monitor curriculum of the doctoral program including assessment of student outcomes, course evaluations, curricular revisions, semester review of syllabi, course scheduling, etc.
- Oversee and participate in the advising of doctoral students including monitoring students’ satisfactory progress toward degrees; building relationships with students by coaching, collaborating, and mentoring students.
- Making arrangements for dissertation committees.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for the doctoral program.
- Recruit prospective students.
- Prepare accreditation materials for the doctoral program and organize visits as required.
- Carry out the general administration of the doctoral program including expenditures
- of the budget, faculty credentials, and coordinate with staff all policies affecting students.
- Actively pursue professional academic scholarship.
- Actively participate in relevant professional organizations and recommend membership to doctoral students.
- Participate on Graduate School and College committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse license required
- An earned Ph.D. in Nursing or equivalent
- Experience teaching graduate level courses preferably at the doctoral level.
- Experience in the administration or leadership of a program within a small college or university is preferred but not required.
- Excellent leadership and administrative skills.
- Background in program development, including launching new programs.
- Ability to work well with fellow professionals.
- Must work Saturdays when courses are offered and be available evenings upon occasion.
- Possess a strong record of sustained professional achievement and scholarship; a program of research strongly desired.
- The position demands excellent communication skills, the ability to foster and support scholarly activity, effective leadership skills and an understanding of the discipline of leadership.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.