TitleAssistant Professor, Environmental Science
Seeking a dynamic colleague to join a student-centered department offering the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science. The individual will have an opportunity to shape the curriculum and recruit students to the program. Duties include teaching a variety of courses in Environmental Science, advising, and engagement in collaborative research projects with undergraduates. Additional duties will include participating in school and college-wide service, and helping to build internship opportunities for students in industry.
- Teaches four courses or equivalent per semester;
- Advises up to 25 students;
- Mentors students;
- Engages in scholarship, resulting in enrichment of teaching abilities and enhancement of knowledge base in the subject. Evidence of ongoing scholarly activities (written works, research, etc.) expected.
- Actively pursues professional and/or academic scholarship;
- Provides service to the Department, School and the College;
- Actively participates in relevant professional organizations;
Performs other duties as required and as allowed by the ECFA-Endicott Contract
- Doctorate in Environmental Science or a related field of study;
- Teaching experience and familiarity with liberal arts education and/or experiential learning;
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team that can attract students and build rigorous programs, and research projects that could involve undergraduate students.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.