TitleAssistant Director, Writing Center
- Develops and implements virtual training modules for the Writing Center and professional and peer tutors, on a variety of writing-related topics.
- Creates reports on usage information for the Writing Center and analyzes the data for the Directors at the conclusion of each semester, and annual reflection.
- Maintains the centers WIKI for policies and procedures and the respective time lines.
- Assists with the supervision of the professional and peer tutors in the Writing Center.
- Assists with the management of all functions of the online scheduling systems (TutorTrac).
- Assists the Director with the oversight of the budget.
- Assists with the oversight of the online resources and tutoring for the Writing Center.
- Develops and delivers workshop sessions for students on different aspects of the writing, learning, and skills: organizational, study-skills, time management etc.
- Assists the Director with faculty consultations, particularly those teaching ENG111, ENG 112, Senior Thesis I and II, and writing-designated courses.
- Acts as a writing tutor to students seeking help with their writing assignments across the college.
- Collaborates with the Director Tutoring Centers and Writing Center Director regarding CLRA certification.
- Assists with the marketing of the Writing Center services through emails, flyers, public speaking, social media, and other promotional venues.
- Promotes the Division of Academic Resources at public events.
- Performs other duties as needed to meet the goals of the Department, Division, and College.
Master’s Degree in English or related field (Rhetoric and Composition preferred).
Experience working in a Writing Center at the college level (administrative experience strongly preferred).
Experience with Writing across the Curriculum (WAC) and/or Writing in the Disciplines (WID).
Experience with student support services at the college level.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE SKILLS NEEDED:
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience with online scheduling systems such as WCOnline and Tutor Trac
Experience with email, database, statistics, e-calendars, e-databases and social media
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.