TitleAssistant/Associate Director, Undergraduate Field-Based Experiences
1. Oversees field placements in teacher licensure programs:
- Works closely with the Associate Director of Graduate Field Experiences and Director of Graduate Education to manage cohesive, responsive, and proactive partnerships with districts. Develops new partnerships as needed under the direction of the Director of Graduate Education.
- Develops and coordinates field placement process (including literacy, SEI, pre-practicums, full-practicum, special education) for students in all undergraduate teacher licensure programs.
- Provides oversight of undergraduate student teaching experience, including preparing students, visiting all schools, troubleshooting problems, and other aspects of pre-practicum and practicum.
- Assesses undergraduate student teacher preparation and effectiveness of field placements as part of ongoing cycle of program improvement.
- Works with the Field Experiences Team to assess student teacher preparedness and the effectiveness of field experiences in an ongoing cycle of program improvement.
- Together with the Field Experiences Team, develops and implements pre-practicum and practicum training of teacher candidates, program supervisors and supervising practitioners. Ensures undergraduate and graduate training protocols are consistent and high quality.
- Hires and supervises all undergraduate pre- and full-practicum supervisors.
- In consultation with Director of Licensure, ensures all undergraduate field experiences adhere to regulations set forth by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education.
2. Directly oversees all undergraduate internships for the School of Education
- Teaches or oversees instruction of freshmen and sophomore internship preparation courses and guides the internship selection process for students.
- Compiles or oversees compilation of internship components and submits grades for INT100 & INT200; maintains internship files and records.
- Teaches or oversees ED321 Junior Transitions for all undergraduate students (teacher licensure and non-licensure concentrations)
3. Works with other departments on campus:
- Maintains close working relationship with Career Services office to obtain information and possible internship opportunities.
- Collaborates with all Internship Coordinators and administrators; attends Internship Department Meetings.
- Arranges for undergraduate campus housing for students as needed.
4. Serves as an academic advisor to School of Education students.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.