TitleAssistant Director of Residence Life
HoursFull-Time; must have the ability of work a flexible schedule
The Assistant Director of Residence Life is a 12 month position that provides leadership, oversight, and supervision of the Residence Life operation and student experience. Responsibilities include:
1. Directly supervise Area Directors. Provide training and support to residence life staff: Area Directors (ADs), Residence Directors (RDs), Graduate Assistants (GAs), and Resident Assistants (RAs).
2. Work closely with the Director of Housing and Residence Life to develop policies and procedures for residence life staff and residential students, within the Residence Life and Student Affairs structure.
3. Participates in all training, orientations, move-in/move-out days, and large scale college events as determined by the Dean of Students and Director of Housing and Residence Life.
4. Oversees the management of hiring of RAs.
5. Serves on after hours Administrator on Call (AOC) rotation and must be available to report promptly (stated in qualifications) to campus if needed.
6. Coordinate residence hall engagement and oversee the departmental Engagement Model; Evaluate and assess programming efforts; Oversee management of programming funds. Works collaboratively with a variety of campus departments to co-program within Residence Halls and streamline engagement efforts.
7. Manages and supports staff overseeing the Residence Hall Association.
8. Oversees all departmental assessment and end of year reporting.
9. Is visible in the residence halls and on campus to foster collaborative cross departmental initiatives.
10. Provides assistance with Returning Housing Selection process.
11. Provides assistance to the Director of Residence Life for professional staff recruitment, selection, and training.
12. Assists Director with budget planning and allowance. Assists with departmental purchases and orders.
13. Assists staff with student conflict resolution and hall management.
14. Consults with Public Safety and Physical Plant on issues pertaining to residence life.
15. Serves on and/or leads departmental and campus wide committees as appointed.
16. Other duties as assigned.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.