Provides administration and clerical support to both the graduate and undergraduate nursing programs. Primary responsibility is to the associate directors of the graduate master’s programs, the associate director of the RN to BSN program, the Chair of the FNP program, and the director of the PhD in nursing program. Provides coordination of the clinical sites for the nurse practitioner program and assists with internships and clinical placements for all of the master’s programs. For the undergraduate program, assists the Clinical Coordinator with Internship placements, the Administrative Assistant with Castlebranch, and will be the lead person within the School of Nursing for E-value integration (Part of ATI package).
Overall Responsibilities: Assist the School of Nursing in preparing marketing materials; scheduling off-site location visits; acquiring, organizing, and tracking contract agreements with preceptors and internship/clinical sites; verifying student immunization compliance on Castlebranch; assistance with securing Internship sites for senior nursing students; acting as the point person for the implementation and ongoing support for E-value (part of ATI package); and assisting in overall administration and clerical functions related to the graduate, undergraduate, and RN to BSN nursing programs. Interface with Van Loan administrative personnel in supporting the functions of admissions, course scheduling, student advising materials, and issues related to graduation.
1. Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant of the Undergrad. Program to assure the department is covered Monday through Friday 9am to 5 pm.
2. Graduate: Provide graduate nursing administrators with administrative and clerical support, including handling projects, data and word processing, internet accessing, filing, answering phones, tracking inquiries, maintain student database (accepted or in process), and providing information to students, faculty and others as needed.
3. Graduate: Prepare marketing materials such as packets for off-site recruitment events. Update materials or nursing website as needed.
4. Graduate: Communicate with members, prepare agenda, and take and prepare minutes for Graduate Committee Meetings, Admissions Committee Meetings, and Advisory Board Meetings (evenings 2x/year). Utilize Microsoft office suite/ Google Suite in support of department meetings, communications and presentations including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail and Google Suite, for general purposes and to accomplish the following additional tasks: mail merges, spreadsheets, schedules, telephone contact list, and calendars.
5. Graduate: Schedule classes/clinicals, create registration grids, etc.
6. Graduate: Field phone calls and emails from students, clinical placements, host sites, and others and assist in resolving concerns. Bring issues to Associate Director/Chair of the FNP program to resolve as needed.
7. Graduate: Under the direction of the Dean and Associate Directors/Chair of the Graduate Program- assist with the clerical component of clinical placements and tracking of students as assigned. Process preceptors/adjunct faculty into E-medley system. Process and maintain clinical affiliation agreements, clinical agency and site evaluations, clinical confirmation letters, and clinical orientation paperwork/documentation. Maintain Massachusetts Centralized Clinical Placement (CCP) site, request and renew clinical placements, update instructor information, track online orientation (students and faculty).
8. Graduate: Oversee departmental requisitions and expenditures and manage in relation to the operating budgets. Maintain business office supplies and assist with arranging copier and printer repairs. Maintain and distribute payroll sheets for biweekly payroll.
9. Graduate: Prepare accreditation materials, including charts, syllabi, exit surveys , and alumni databases as needed.
10. Graduate: Perform clerical support functions (word processing, emailing, faxing, typing and data entry) and respond to administrative requests.
11. Graduate & Undergraduate: Maintain Castlebranch system overseeing, entering and tracking student immunizations, CPR, national criminal background checks. Maintain files for adjunct faculty credentials, tracking immunizations, CPR, national criminal background checks. Check Castlebranch on a weekly basis for alerts and non-compliance of students and faculty.
12. Undergraduate: Present Castlebranch orientation to nursing students at Freshman Orientation in Fall and secure sign-off sheets.
13. Undergraduate: Oversee Undergraduate Internship placements – shared responsibility with the Undergrad. Clinical Coordinator. Assists the Undergrad. Clinical Coordinator with the placement of Undergrad. Internships for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Meet with junior students to illicit choices, request sites on CCP, and finalize placements.
14. Undergraduate: Point person at the School of Nursing for the integration and ongoing support of E-Value (clinical evaluations, Time Tracking)
15. Graduate & Undergraduate. -Submits, tracks, maintains work orders for the SON building.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 2-4 years of office experience; some knowledge of nursing or health professions programs preferred.
3. Information technology skills including databases, computer application skills, internet accessing experience, and experience with institutional databases. Fluent with Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Gmail
4. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Must be flexible and able and willing to handle multiple tasks.
6. Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends as requested.