TitleAdministrative Assistant, Student Affairs
HoursMon- Fri 9-5
- Maintains and updates computer database(s) using CARS, Excel and systems.
- Performing office functions, such as opening and sorting mail, answering phones and taking messages, typing correspondence and other documents, filing, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies. Makes appropriate referrals to individuals or departments as necessary.
- Implements departmental procedures to facilitate processes such as meal plan changes, health records and judicial sanctions.
- Participates and supports other departments in hands-on preparation for implementation of major college events including but not limited to Orientations, Fall and Spring check-in, Family Weekend, Homecoming and Senior Week activities, Awards Day, Commencement exercises.
- Serving as the content editor for the Web; maintaining the web page for the Student Affairs departments.
- Acts as Events Calendar approver, including Attendance Policy approval.
- Maintains and updates the Students Handbook.
- Coordinates and maintains Attendance policy program list and student attendance.
- Coordinates student information and communicates appropriately and in a friendly and timely manner with other departments to provide services including telephone, mail and dining room services.
- Serve as Primary Emergency Building Administrator -- Responsible for taking attendance for Callahan Center at the Post Center Rally Point and provide information to Emergency Personnel should an emergency situation occur.
- Selects, training and supervision, as appropriate, a student office staff of 1-2 work-study students.
- Maintains department filing system.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality, especially when dealing with sensitive situations and information.
- Maintains good working relations with other college departments.
- Processing payroll forms for employees who report to the Dean of Students/ Vice President.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department and College.
- Bachelor degree required
- Desire to work with students in a educational environment
- Knowledge of PC-based computer system
- Ability to work a flexible schedule at key times during the academic calendar
- Experience with Jenzabar system preferred
- Prior office experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior Office management experience
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.