• Meet an individual student for two hours weekly to support academic growth and foster effective academic goal setting in areas related to college success.
• Adhere to the coaching model which requires understanding of goal setting and fostering the reflection required for student empowerment and growth.
• Serve as mentors and role models to students, demonstrating and embodying the ways in which successful individuals take responsibility, demonstrate accountability, adhere to deadlines, and solve problems.
• Understand the needs of students with specific learning styles and preferences; unique intellectual development; executive function challenges; and with processing or psychosocial challenges.
• Communicate closely with Center director about student progress.
• Connect students to the college’s culture and expectations.
• Master recordkeeping systems and maintain records as required.
• Attend required trainings and access other professional development opportunities.
• Promote use of the Tutoring Center, Writing Center, the Center for Accessibilities, and the Center for Student Success and Retention.
• Promote student engagement with the larger Endicott community, and understand the resources available to students.
• Encourage exploration of co-curricular opportunities.
• Support students as they develop skills at negotiating living in community.
• Support students as they develop independent living skills.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.