In addition to the general laptop requirements, incoming interior architecture and architectural studies students have specific requirements for their program.
Note: The following specs and recommendations apply to both the undergraduate and graduate Interior Architecture programs and BFA in Architectural Studies program. Students in these programs should review all the general laptop requirements before reviewing special program requirements.
Department of Architectural + Design Studies Requirements= PC (Windows) laptop
The Department of Architectural + Design Studies program requires PC platform laptops only. MACBook Pro laptops ARE NOT RECOMMENDED as they have compatibility issues with curriculum software.
Interior Architecture students should be using a Windows laptop that meets the following minimum requirements:
2019 Minimum Specifications for PC Laptop
- Windows 10 64- bit operating system
- 15" or larger display
- Intel Core i7 Quad-core 2.7 GHz (or 6- Core 2.2 GHz)
- 16 GB RAM
- 512GB SSD (solid state drive)
- 1920 x 1080 16:9 Display
- 1GB dedicated (2GB preferred for 17" or larger displays)
- DirectX® 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 3 capability minimum* (example: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 has DirectX® 12 with Shader Model 5 capability, which exceeds minimum specs)
- Accidental damage plan
*Note: Although other graphics cards may work with the software applications required by the Interior Architecture and Architectural Studies programs, we recommend a laptop with a graphics card from the list of Autocad/Revit certified graphics cards.Industry-Standard Applications
The Interior Architecture and Architectural Studies programs rely on industry-standard, state-of-the-art applications. The companies that create this software release updates every year. It is important for students to work with the latest hardware and software, and there is no guarantee that a laptop purchased this year will be able to handle the newer versions of these applications three or four years from now. For this reason, students may need to purchase a newer laptop before they complete the program in order to keep up with the technical requirements of the software.
- Autodesk Revit (free for students, Windows only)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture (free for students, dual platform)
- Sketchup Make (free for students, dual platform; students may also purchase Sketchup Pro for added functionality, but this is not required)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, monthly subscription fee)(through e-academy)
- Artlantis (free for students, dual platform)
- Students will be informed of other required software applications from their instructors
* All Endicott students will be able to download Microsoft Office for free this fall.