Dr. Enid Larsen is an international and interdisciplinary educator, researcher, visual and music artist, whose career spans psychology, education, art, and organizational management. This interdisciplinary mix is an elixir for exploring the transformative potential of education with adult learners who are seeking to further their careers and professional development through meaningful engagement with their heart-felt passions.
Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Studies (Interdisciplinary)
Master of Education in Organizational Management
Master of Social Work
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Music Therapy
Multi-centered CAEL-WICHE Research Study: “PLA Credit-Earning and Student Academic Outcomes Research Study,” 2019–2020.
“Everyday Alchemy.” Autoethnographic Solo Exhibition. Van Loan School, Endicott College, Beverly, MA, 2019.
“Spanish CLIL Teachers Learn to Integrate: Arts, Language and Content.” A Reader’s Theatre Performance Research Presentation: NYU Forum on Education Theatre, New York University, 2016.
Visual Autoethnography. Dissertation: “Text and Texture: An Exploration of Transformation in Adult Learning,” 2010.
Master of Education:
Research and Creativity
Creative Arts Thesis Seminar
Prior Learning Assessment
Imagination and Creativity
Images of Women
Stress and Illness
Theories of Personality
Child and Adolescent Psychology
Creative Arts in Early Childhood & Elementary Classrooms
Power of Music
- Northeast Regional Prior Learning Assessment Consortium, 2019, ($5000 grant).
- Collaboration w/Comunidad de Madrid & Ministerio de Education, Madrid, Spain, 2010-present.
- Presentation. “I Know More Than I Thought I Did”, CAEL Conference Round Table, November, 2019.
- ProQuest. Dissertation. Text and Texture: An Exploration of Transformation in Adult Learning. 2010.
- Marin-Viadel, R., Roldan, J., and Molinet-Medina, X (eds.) (2014). Foundations, Criteria, and Contexts in Arts Based Research and Artistic Research, University of Granada, Spain. Conference proceedings of the 2nd International Conference.
- Larsen. E. ( 2019). In Gammel, J., Motulsky, S., Rutstein-Riley, A. “I Know More Than I Thought I Did” in “I Am What I Become – Constructing an Identity as a Lifelong Learner”, Information Age Publishers.
- UNESCO Observatory Multidisciplinary Research in the Arts ejournal. (2010). Text and Texture: An Exploration of Transformation in Adult Learning. University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.